What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was holding back on this one until the weekend but as the sun is shining ........
@samale dopplebock.
Had to do a bit of googling to get the background to this one as it’s not a familiar style to me
Opens with a nice hiss and a bit of smoke
Pours a nicely carbonated ruby coloured beer with a nice off white head that lasts and laces the glass the whole way down
Nice malt forward taste with low hop presence and a slight burnt caramel taste that sits nicely on the palate.
Aftertaste is toast with hints of fig leaving a dry mouth View attachment 45185and a lingering alcohol that fits with the 7%
This is excellent now and I feel it will get a whole lot more complex if left for a month or so.
Cheers for the bottle and can you post the recipie ? Need to expand the brewing sheet to include beers like this. Prost.
Glad you enjoyed it, it's still young enough so it will get better. That's the recipe I used. The redx was just to use it up.
My doppelbock
4kg dark Munich
2.5kg red X
300g Melanoidin
200g Cara aroma
50g carafa 3
Perle hops for bittering

I used wyeast Czech 2278

Mid week pint of lager. Supplied by @dan125 a lovely first attempt at a lager. Good head and lacing.
Easy drinking which is what you want from a lager.
Another enjoyable swap.

Attachments

• 20210414_201521.jpg
    20210414_201521.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 36
First glass of my NEIPA tonight which has now been in the keg for a little under three weeks. Looks good and smells and tastes pretty good too. I’m not sure it packs the hoppy punch that an NEIPA should though, despite the fairly large dry hop. Although, this could be due to the hops that were used. some Citra but mainly Mandarina and Huell Melon.

0915ACA7-6EE7-4859-9769-1B7645695DB8.jpeg

Had a sample of my wheat beer a few days ago to check carbonation. It was only a half bottle with loads of trub so I only had a little taste. It's good if you ignore the lumps! Got a proper bottle chilling ready for tomorrow
IMG_20210411_151720_544.jpg

Having a Vocation Divide and Conquer now whilst there's still a sunny spot in the garden
PXL_20210415_153959360.jpg

First proper Belgian wit(Trappist) I have had..I don't really have anything to base it on, it's not really how imagined.. fairly subtle in the yeast flavour..not much orange peel flavour if any(is that just blue moon or hoegaarden thing). Very refreshing, subtle yeast flavours, coriander is more noticeable as it warms up..I really like it. Just ordered some wit yeast for a white IPA I have planned and it mentioned the yeast can be used in Trappist singles & Belgian pales , I can see that..think I will be harvesting for some other styles😬
IMG_20210415_191450.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back