What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight I am drinking Ordinary Bitter, fair dinkum, every time I drink either ordinary, or best bitter, I can't help thinking of that song sung by that Irish Sheila, 'Nothing Compares'
I was reading about Garret Oliver, the head brewer at Brooklyn Brewery, he never had the slightest interest in beer until he went to the UK and had a cask ale. Went from a band manager to brewer almost overnight.
Same with Sandy Cockerham the highest ranking female beer judge, no interest until she drank her first UK beer.
Never underrate something which is so easy to brew, and so good to drink.
I am drinking out of my 700 ml glass tonight, on my wife's orders, she says I don't drink as fast. Yeah right.
005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG

Was trying to do two weeks off the booze, lasted 10 days. **** it, the kids are doing my head in, the wife is doing my head in and beer must be the answer. This sour dipa is interesting. Couldn't drink many though.
I tried doing 3 weeks and lasted 10 days 😅

Got two nights to do then off til Wednesday...I'm already planning!
Looking like Brewday Monday...either Summer Breeze or a Guinness clone.

Just broke into first 1 litre PET of English pale ale / light bitter made with Golden Promise, bittered (may Odin and all the gods of Asgard curse this poxy phone. That's three times it's "corrected" buttered to buttered) with EKGs and Jester at - 10, - 5, flameout and dry hops, and fermented with Adnam's yeast nicked from a party seven of Ghost Ship. 5% abv and it's a lovely drop iidssm!

Last edited:
Cleanup all done and celebrating with a “Goofie” Saison. This is getting good and now tasting quite clean. The Nelson Sauvin hops are doing their thing for sure and I think I can taste the orange peel but the flavour doesn’t stand out. It’s either really well balanced or it’s in my imagination! 😂

9371BB67-714F-4D31-8784-9A7D551A445E.jpeg

No, the orange is definitely there when you look for citrus and zest rather than “orange”. I’m very pleased with this.

Just broke into first 1 litre PET of English pale ale / light bitter made with Golden Promise, bittered (may Odin and all the gods of Asgard curse this poxy phone. That's three times it's "corrected" buttered to buttered) with EKGs and Jester at - 10, - 5, flameout and dry hops, and fermented with Adnam's yeast nicked from a party seven of Ghost Ship. 5% abv and it's a lovely drop iidssm!
Glad I’m not the only one who keeps,on getting auto correct correcting Bitter as Butter.

Sorting some crates for tonight's bottling session and noticed one of the empties was actually my last unopened bottle of Kiwi Pale.

So I drank it. Very nice it was too. Not quite as good a find as @Clint 's 20 bottles of Tribute Clone but I'm not complaining!

Having a Jackrabbit - Down The Rabbit Hole Vanilla Oatmeal stout. It's smooth and roasty with a chocolate vanilla aroma. Nice for a little nightcap (I'm at work 5:30 tomorrow).

No picture because I'm a lazy sod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back