What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Next up @pilgrimhudd kiwi pilsner. Very fitting for the good weather.
Pours slightly hazy with a nice white head. Carbonation is light but is enough for me.
Aroma is light pilsner malt. Hops is very light.
Flavour is typically pilsner with some sweetness. Hops is light fruit, everything plays well together.
This is a strange beer but not in a bad way. Hits the spot for a nice summer drink. Very easy drinking, cheers for the beer. Would be interested in hearing your thoughts on it.
IMG_20210422_204608126.jpg

Next up, a guest ale from my buddy @Benfleet Brewery

This is a 6.7% NEIPA. It pours well and is nicely carbonated. A small head was perfectly formed which after settling a little then hung around. The colour is really nice too.

2843A764-77AC-473E-BC1B-B985EC7F9E92.jpeg

The aroma is fruity with a little spice - I think papaya, mango, and some orange marmalade but it’s the dark bitter kind rather than the sugary jammy stuff.

The flavour is also very fruity. All the things in the aroma are there but in addition there’s a sweet floral Lychee vibe. Bitterness is just assertive enough to make itself known without being overpowering and the mouthfeel generally is quite soft. There is just a touch of tackiness on the lips indicating a moderately attenuated, though not sweet, ale.

I enjoyed this ale, it’s quite different to the beers I brew which makes it all the more interesting. Thanks very much! athumb..

Just had a Tripel from @Hazelwood Brewery ...8.9%🤯. Lovely colour and clarity to the beer and had the fruity Belgian character. Flavour has promise but unfortunately it was very low in carbonation so it came across a little sweet for me. Noticed it said keg conditioned on the bottle, think the Tripel would be better bottle conditioned to make sure you get the champagne like bubbles.
View attachment 45646

Shame about the carbonation. I’ll do you another in the next swap. ;)

Next up @pilgrimhudd kiwi pilsner. Very fitting for the good weather.
Pours slightly hazy with a nice white head. Carbonation is light but is enough for me.
Aroma is light pilsner malt. Hops is very light.
Flavour is typically pilsner with some sweetness. Hops is light fruit, everything plays well together.
This is a strange beer but not in a bad way. Hits the spot for a nice summer drink. Very easy drinking, cheers for the beer. Would be interested in hearing your thoughts on it.
View attachment 45650

Glad you enjoyed it, it's my first attempt at a pilsner and I was hoping for a lightly fruity easy drinking beer so in that way it hits the spot. It needs more carbonation in my opinion and there are clarity issues but all in all i'm quite happy with it. My new more traditional pilsner (saaz and hallaertau hops) should be ready for drinking in a couple of weeks and it already looks like it's going to be a better looking beer.

The local micropub had Putty on draft so had to nab a few pints takeaway
06ACBAF1-3546-406B-8C9E-6E5F09A5F30F.jpeg

Then moved on to this Neon Raptor, smelt and tasted like quavers, rough. With the NZ hop line up, I thought it would be a win.
08A77A8E-BAD9-4394-BB9F-0960D7741D8E.jpeg

Is this your first brew back at it
Nope it's another firestone walker offering. Still about a month out till my stuff arrives, I am wondering if some pirates captured the ship in the caribbean.

Next up, a guest ale from my buddy @Benfleet Brewery

This is a 6.7% NEIPA. It pours well and is nicely carbonated. A small head was perfectly formed which after settling a little then hung around. The colour is really nice too.

View attachment 45643

The aroma is fruity with a little spice - I think papaya, mango, and some orange marmalade but it’s the dark bitter kind rather than the sugary jammy stuff.

The flavour is also very fruity. All the things in the aroma are there but in addition there’s a sweet floral Lychee vibe. Bitterness is just assertive enough to make itself known without being overpowering and the mouthfeel generally is quite soft. There is just a touch of tackiness on the lips indicating a moderately attenuated, though not sweet, ale.

I enjoyed this ale, it’s quite different to the beers I brew which makes it all the more interesting. Thanks very much! athumb..

Ah, very kind. Thank you.

I am very pleased with how this beer turned out. The Orange Marmalade/peel aroma and flavour is probably being largely provided by the Kveik Voss yeast fermented at 38 degrees C but seems to go pretty well with this style.
Glad you enjoyed it 🍻

One of Sainos own as a traveller en route to al fresco Spoons in Camberwell.

20210423_143740.jpg

On inspection its a Marston white label effort,pale, Munich and Vienna with cascade n citra. I don't mind this and in a decent size bottle for a change.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back