What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
leffe1.jpeg

First taste of my 'Aving a Leffe' Belgian.

It's not really my favourite type of beer, but this is a lovely colour and tastes just like I reckon it should, and that's only been in the bottle about two and half weeks. So that's another batch I won't be pouring down the drain!

I couldn't get a good pic to show it, but it is crystal clear and a lovely chestnut colour.

Last edited:
Right. What on earth is this sh**e? Just glanced at the label and didn't look properly. It's got blooming ginger in it. Ginger. In an ale. WTF.

Think it's going down the drain, it's disgusting. That will teach me to read the labels properly.

View attachment 46231
Yes, the only bottle I ever bought went straight down the sink after the first sip. Rather have a pint of Sarsons.

The shock of a puppy in the house, after having your best friend all chilled out and an easy life!

Enjoy they don’t stay young for long 🐶

I forgot how all consuming they were. I sat on a fri night with an empty beer glass for an hour because she was sleeping on my knee lol.

I do that with my cat. He’s an old man and I’m treasuring every minute. I lost my other cat just before Christmas after having her 12 years. They’re precious.

Time for a quick session ale / lawnmower beer.

If you fancy chopping your own feet off with the mower that is. Dangerous, dangerous, Shepherd neame 1698. I could sup this all night. Then trip over the cat and mess myself. It's so nice! (But so strong)

IMG_20210430_222042.jpg

Trying @JFB Belgian brown sour, inspired by Oud Bruin. First up I have never tasted this style before. This beer is well aged, over 2 years.
Pours with nice carbonation, very good clarity. Nice white head which lasts.
Aroma is sweet malt, no hop aroma with a slight sour twang
Flavour, it has a lot going on. Nice sweetness of the malt backed up with a sour after taste. It leaves the palate bone dry. Very low bitterness.
This is a complex drink and was very enjoyable to drink. Not something I could drink a lot of.
Cheers 🍺
IMG_20210430_221316669.jpg

Had another 2 Kinnegar the Rabbit IPA and the Ruustbucket IPA and first class but shall dive into the stars with this Astral foreign exctra stout @7.2%
Me thinks I'm gonna be 4 shades to the wind tonight never mind floating on the Astral plain....

Attachments

• PXL_20210430_214326425.jpg
    PXL_20210430_214326425.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 39
Kiwi Pale Ale by @pilgrimhudd

20210429_210543.jpg

I enjoyed this. Assuming I'm reading the right recipe I think the Vienna gives it enough body for a modest strength 4.4% ABV beer.

I believe the hops are Magnum, Pacifica and Motueka, although for me they don't stand out - it's a bit hoppy but not mega hoppy, I don't get anything specific or distinct, but it might be the hops have just faded a bit since bottling.

This is a nice beer - it's not overstated or showy-offy, and that's no bad thing. I had one and I'd have had no complaints if I'd been given another. And another, and another. And sometimes, that ticks all the boxes 👍🍻

After a big day in the Lakeland hills yesterday doing the Abraham's Tea Round, I am on light duties today and looking after my calorie intake ;) . Apparently I have 5,800 calories to replace according to Garmin!

Not wanting to ignore advice and the sun is shining, so straight into it today. This may not be my first half of the day (or 2nd, or 3rd...)

Cascade pale (to make sure I know what cascade brings to the party)
rps20210501_133755.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back