What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dunkle it’s not bad first time I have had one ? Are they hard to brew View attachment 46524
Pretty straightforward, I’ve got mine locked in now.
55% wheat malt, 35% pilsner malt, 5% Carafa II, 5% Special W. Single addition of Mittlefrau for 16IBU, Wy3068. Single mash at 65C, balanced water profile. Carb to 3vols CO2 and give it at least a month to condition.

Pretty straightforward, I’ve got mine locked in now.
55% wheat malt, 35% pilsner malt, 5% Carafa II, 5% Special W. Single addition of Mittlefrau for 16IBU, Wy3068. Single mash at 65C, balanced water profile. Carb to 3vols CO2 and give it at least a month to condition.
Guys
That's not a Dunkel recipe, it's more like Dunkel Weissen. A Dunkel is 90%+ Munich malt, I add some Biscuit, Carafa 3 and Chocolate malt.

Mm Twisted Stout, very drinkable 👍

Attachments

• IMG_20210505_213324.jpg
    IMG_20210505_213324.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 33
That may well be true, I don’t know. The key point though is that the beer is (in my view) more Salt than Brewdog. Try it and see what you think.
Can't get it anywhere.
Plus Brew dog make so many beers I wouldn't really know what is their style.

Had most salt beers, they have improved of late but still put off by some of their oxidised offerings

Can't get it anywhere.
Plus Brew dog make so many beers I wouldn't really know what is their style.

Had most salt beers, they have improved of late but still put off by some of their oxidised offerings
My observations:
Brewdog = pale & bitter (or, as of tonight, dark and sickly sweet!)
Cloudwater = pale, samey, bitter
Salt = slightly more varied, soft

Never had an oxidised Salt beer as yet. To be honest I’ve never had an oxidised beer!

My observations:
Brewdog = pale & bitter (or, as of tonight, dark and sickly sweet!)
Cloudwater = pale, samey, bitter
Salt = slightly more varied, soft

Never had an oxidised Salt beer as yet. To be honest I’ve never had an oxidised beer!

I'll send you one of my neipa's.

I now realize a beer I had from Tiny Rebel was oxidised...even though I could drink it.. Unfortunately due to my inexperience of such,I accepted the reply from Tiny Rebel that it was "normal".
That won't happen again...

Kegged 19l of American ipa tonight and managed to get 6 500ml bottles as well the benefits of using a 65l boiler as I struggled to fill a keg with the last boiler. So celebrating with a bottle of horny bull stout. Nice but mine is nicer (of course)
023941AD-96E8-47AB-BC4F-9D8F18F44B5C.jpeg

I now realize a beer I had from Tiny Rebel was oxidised...even though I could drink it.. Unfortunately due to my inexperience of such,I accepted the reply from Tiny Rebel that it was "normal".
That won't happen again...
They did a oxidised batch of a dipa. Luckily they replaced each one.

I have never had anything quite so outlandish. That sounds like a blow-your-socks-off kinda beer.

Dangerous stuff at 11%. Even more dangerous because it didn't taste like it!

that and the kirsh one are the top of the tree. athumb..

I've yet to try the kirsh one, that was my main reason for buying the stout box from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back