What are you drinking tonight 2021?

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

DavidHatton

Reaction score
1845 a gem of bottled beers shame I can’t seem to find it around here now, it used to be a weekend beer for me, really miss it.
Fullers sell packs on the web shop, think in packs of eight!!

When it's not sold out, D'oh!

dave_77

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carbonation looks spot on. My single is lacking a bit. Have you bottled the full batch in 330 ml bottles
It was a mixture to be honest..what ever I had on hand👍🏼

jjsh

Bog Dweller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is sublime. I had a bit of a wobble after pouring when I noticed Tower Brewery may have done a similar thing that they do with their IPA ( ruin a perfectly good traditional style IPA with too many new world citrus hops) but the Chinook is well balanced by the malt, and this still has a nice Burton ale character. Very nice indeed.

See, I'm not a total old fart!

IMG_20210506_194043.jpg

Leon103

Landlord.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
First try of my British golden ale after 6 days in the keg.
Made with 50/50 citra/First gold and interestingly the first gold seems to be prominent to me.
🍻
View attachment 46615
What do you get from the first gold? I have a tonne of the stuff that cml gave me.

Hazelwood Brewery

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another Kreik to finish for tonight. This is the lowest cost of all I’ve tried and it tells I’m afraid. I know you don’t always get what you pay for but I think with Kreik you do. If you want a Kreik I would say pick Lindemans.

901B25AF-B793-4E4A-B316-68EEECBB0629.jpeg

Mrhandsome

Landlord.
Reaction score
This is sublime. I had a bit of a wobble after pouring when I noticed Tower Brewery may have done a similar thing that they do with their IPA ( ruin a perfectly good traditional style IPA with too many new world citrus hops) but the Chinook is well balanced by the malt, and this still has a nice Burton ale character. Very nice indeed.

See, I'm not a total old fart!

View attachment 46625
I had one of these a few weeks back. Fantastic stuff, and in the 4 for £6 offer so it's a double win.

cushyno

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you get from the first gold? I have a tonne of the stuff that cml gave me.
First gold always gives an orange marmalade presence. Usually fairly strong presence in the first few weeks after packaging though it later mellows and combines well. I've used it with challenger a couple of times and that combo really does age well.

I might try it with spicy Saaz sometime.

Skello

DMT changed my life
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another Kreik to finish for tonight. This is the lowest cost of all I’ve tried and it tells I’m afraid. I know you don’t always get what you pay for but I think with Kreik you do. If you want a Kreik I would say pick Lindemans.

View attachment 46627
I know what you mean. My OH loves that stuff, I can drink it but, i’ve had better.

Leon103

Landlord.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
First gold always gives an orange marmalade presence. Usually fairly strong presence in the first few weeks after packaging though it later mellows and combines well. I've used it with challenger a couple of times and that combo really does age well.

I might try it with spicy Saaz sometime.
Thanks. Need to work out how I will use it or give it away.

TonyT

Reaction score
Fullers sell packs on the web shop, think in packs of eight!!

When it's not sold out, D'oh!
I love that stuff! One of my all time favourite beers. I remember many years ago they occasionally produced a cask version. I don’t know if that still happens.

Mrhandsome

Landlord.
Reaction score
Having this Daybreak Coffee Porter whilst I wait for my brother to arrive. It's quite good, a lot like a Guinness West Indies Porter, but a bit too bitter and way over carbed.
PXL_20210507_152615576.jpg