What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another first for me.
IMG_20210507_193816.jpg

I have decided I like dark beer (anything darker than amber/red)but now and then so I have a porter and now American Brown kegged today but only a few pints of golden ale...Belgian pale is almost ready 🤷🏽brewing a White IPA on Sunday 👍🏼

Well you know where I am if you need some reinforcements.

Czech Pilsner
Summer Breeze
English Bitter
3C Pale
Belgian Tripel (not so low on the ABV!)
Stout
Plum porter
Brown ale

First taste of my own recipe english ipa. Came in at 6.2% due to better efficiency using crisp pale ale and Nottingham doing what it does.

Its only 15 days in the bottle but cleared very well, was hoping for better head but its well carbed now I've sussed brewfather on the carb workings.

I'm useless at describing aroma/flavours, especially when using english hops. Northdown, EKG and Bram X are all in there.

Strange thing is with a swirl and sticking my nose right in I kinda get a slight cola aroma, could that be the crystal?

I dry hopped (hop tea) some bottles with more bram x, i might try that next to compare.
20210507_193318.jpg

Never had it, but it will be on the list as I enjoy that style.
I’m lucky enough that their is a pub about two minutes from where I work which is part owned by Titanic so it was pre Covid the standard pub for after work drinks (or more importantly after work drinks on a company card) they also do a Cherry Porter which is lovely on cask.

Another that I picked up in Morrisons in Yorkshire, not tried any St Peter's before lovely full flavoured porter, thats gone on the list.

Never seen that one, must look out for it up 'ere. The titanic plum is one of the few <fruit>+<beer style> that i actually like. Quite sessionable too, I remember an afternoon with the BiL plus kids in the pub for one before home while the bosses are shopping.......

I've just remembered I bought him a special edition titanic plum porter xmas, I wonder how that was?

Never seen that one, must look out for it up 'ere. The titanic plum is one of the few <fruit>+<beer style> that i actually like. Quite sessionable too, I remember an afternoon with the BiL plus kids in the pub for one before home while the bosses are shopping.......

I've just remembered I bought him a special edition titanic plum porter xmas, I wonder how that was?
Is that the ‘Grand Reserve’ one remember it being very nice (had it as the pub was out of Plum Porter) but can’t recall much more about it as well it was one of many.

@obscure yeah that must be it. 7.5% i think, in a 750ml bottle with swing cap, although it was crown capped, the swing for you to cap it between small glasses. Yeah right.

The dry hopped version of my english ipa isnt offering much more, maybe slightly fruitier.

I think I'm wanting american style ipa aroma/flavour but from english hops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back