What are you drinking tonight 2021?

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

samale

Landlord.
Reaction score
Guinness is the only stout you can get on draft. I think you can get Murphy's down south. What is the alternative stout across the water

Tanglefoot

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chinook American pale ale, second taste at 3 weeks.
Glad this was a slightly bigger batch as very drinkable despite being my beefiest attempt yet at 7%
- might send one of for the May competition.
IMG_2021-05-08-20-52-17-776.jpg

pilgrimhudd

Landlord.
Reaction score
Guinness is the only stout you can get on draft. I think you can get Murphy's down south. What is the alternative stout across the water
Used to get Murphy's over here but I haven't seen it in ages, maybe 10 years even. Thinking about this, what happened to Caffrey's?

NormanHurst

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Westmalle Tripel followed by my last bottle of my English IPA. Ordered the ingredients for a second incarnation earlier today.

samale

Landlord.
Reaction score
Is that a North Brewing Lost Cosmonauts?
That and Buxton Kingslayer were my favourites from the last Tesco range. Northern Monk's Faith in Futures is my favourite so far from the new lot.
Yes it's a nice drop

Donegal john

Landlord.
Reaction score
I wonder what hops they use. I was thinking Chinook and maybe centennial
I think their main hop is Yakima chief from digging around. I have a clone for crossroads but not sure how accurate it is as I haven’t brewed it yet. I would imagine the 3 c’s feature heavily though.
very tight lipped about their recipies I suppose for good reason

Donegal john

Landlord.
Reaction score
After a very nice rendang curry I’m clearing the palate with a duvel. Then the wine gets opened and I sleep on the sofa if I get a chance with a psycho pup in the house 2 weeks has felt like 6 months
CC2E8A31-9FA1-4FF9-8604-73D1409278FA.jpeg

moto748

Regular.
Reaction score
Beamish! I used to love it, prefer it to Guinness. Used to be plenty about, in England and Ireland, I think it's quite rare now.

moto748

Regular.
Reaction score
I am drinking Badgers Golden Champion.

Mostly because it comes in 'deep-collar' clear bottles! :laugh8:

I don't think I've drunk this before, although I often drink the Hobgoblin Gold and the Lidl one, whatever that's called.

But this is nothing like them! It has a very unexpected and strong hoppy taste. I don't know what hops they use, but they have really bunged some in there. And I don't mean that light, floral, hoppy taste. I mean that 'wipe that smile off your face' hoppy taste!

Tommo 2

Reaction score
I am drinking Badgers Golden Champion.

Mostly because it comes in 'deep-collar' clear bottles! :laugh8:

I don't think I've drunk this before, although I often drink the Hobgoblin Gold and the Lidl one, whatever that's called.

But this is nothing like them! It has a very unexpected and strong hoppy taste. I don't know what hops they use, but they have really bunged some in there. And I don't mean that light, floral, hoppy taste. I mean that 'wipe that smile off your face' hoppy taste!
Plus they put elderflowers in the brew as well , I love this stuff myself 👍🍻

Donegal john

Landlord.
Reaction score
Used to get Murphy's over here but I haven't seen it in ages, maybe 10 years even. Thinking about this, what happened to Caffrey's?
It’s still available but was taken over by molsen coors some years ago so that’s the reason behind its disappearance.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The nigerian guiness and west indies versions are better, if I find myself in the tesco beer isle I always pick Mcewans champions or broadside both better beers than any guiness for my money.
"If I find myself..."
This happens to me! I go in for fruit,veg and bog rolls and end up stalking beer!