What are you drinking tonight 2021?

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

dave_77

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a very nice beer from Wiper & True, interesting concept and it works. Very refreshing beer. Highly carbonation and refreshing lager hybrid
IMG_20210509_161314.jpg
IMG_20210509_161349.jpg
with a very slight fruity Brett note at the end.

Clint

Forum jester...πŸ…πŸ†
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_20210509_173856.jpg

Tribute clone..
Well deserved as we've been at the allotment all day..planted a load of tomatoes in the poly tunnel and cabbages and broad beans outside. Back home I've planted corn,cabbages,swede,broccoli, sprouts,pumpkins and peas.

obscure

Perpetually Confused
Supporting Member
Reaction score
E76B4401-5D9F-47DB-87C6-F070E1A9365C.jpeg
Bramling Cross & Saaz SAISON

Doing a carbonation check on this before moving to the garage, was a bit of an experiment and I have mixed views on it. First up the Bramling Cross is definitely dominating this beer as it has a strong black current like flavour, which somewhat overwhelms the characteristics I would expect from the Yeast. I will happily drink this but I still prefer my Saaz & Aurora SAISON, I think it needs a tad more bitterness possibly either increase the boil time on the first addition or use something like Magnum as a first addition.

Clint

Forum jester...πŸ…πŸ†
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 46818
Bramling Cross & Saaz SAISON

Doing a carbonation check on this before moving to the garage, was a bit of an experiment and I have mixed views on it. First up the Bramling Cross is definitely dominating this beer as it has a strong black current like flavour, which somewhat overwhelms the characteristics I would expect from the Yeast. I will happily drink this but I still prefer my Saaz & Aurora SAISON, I think it needs a tad more bitterness possibly either increase the boil time on the first addition or use something like Magnum as a first addition.
Both of those sound very nice!

Clint

Forum jester...πŸ…πŸ†
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep I really am starting to love SAISON it’s such a simple beer but gives such great results.
Yeah..once you try it sort of grows on you...and it's best to keep your recipes secret...or they'll all be doing it!

dave_77

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks lovely 😊
You will need a few after that result today πŸ˜‰
Yeah, I was hopeful we would get a result but not surprised we didn't as we have lost more than won against Merseyside teams over the years πŸ™„

Leon103

Landlord.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Was going to have a drink tonight as I have been struggling with a cold, but after a session in the pain cave I fancied some cheese and biscuits for supper. You need a drink with those and wanted something dark.

I then remembered that I have a Baltic porter from @pilgrimhudd. I have never had this style but fancy brewing one in winter. I do have a verdant version in the fridge.

This poured with a nice thick white head that dispersed after a while. This is different to a normal porter, seems lighter and definetly more lager like that the traditional porter. But like a bipa without the hops. I really like it and very interesting beer. This seems more carbed than I thought but that could be how it is supposed to be.

This is a cracking beer @pilgrimhudd thanks for sharing. I wouldn't mind seeing the recipe and how it was brewed.

Attachments