What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can ask as much as you want, what the forum is for.

Mostly I set and forget but sometimes I’ll apply a higher pressure to a conditioning keg if I know the one on tap is low. I use 10psi for low-carb beers, 15psi for most other stuff, 20psi for more carbonated beers and any I send through the cooler to be chilled down because this adds line length.
Are you using PB's for the kegs? Are they hooked up to taps?

Gone back to V2 and it looks very similar but tastes different. I thought V3 tasted similar until I went back to V2. V2 is not as juicy which is to be expected given that the changes were intended to make the ale more juicy. I’m going to consider that a success and see what more I can do to improve V3 - more oats perhaps?

8031C7EF-FB35-49FF-8744-4A327D949881.jpeg

I opened a 500ml bottle of my 12% Cider Batch No.5 from last October, maturing nicely but will dial back the sugar this year as it's a little on the sweet side and I didn't get any carbonation after bottling either :^( But really drinkable all the same and I'm half-way through the bottle already. Should mature nicely (if any of it survives long enough.)

Gone back to V2 and it looks very similar but tastes different. I thought V3 tasted similar until I went back to V2. V2 is not as juicy which is to be expected given that the changes were intended to make the ale more juicy. I’m going to consider that a success and see what more I can do to improve V3 - more oats perhaps?

View attachment 46924
Ain’t evolution a wonderful thing. 😜🍻

Back to V2. Someone asked me earlier which version I would recommend and I answered that all three are different beers and which you might prefer would depend on your taste / what you’re looking for. With this in mind I’m thinking of naming the three differently rather than taking the “variant” approach.

Version 2 will be Summer Breeze because I think version 2 is what Summer Breeze was intended to be. It’s golden-yellow, fruity, bitter, sulphate rich.

Version 3 will be Summer Sun because it’s more juicy and softer, it has a feel-good vibe like the warmth of the sun. It’s golden-yellow again but tinged with orange, it’s softer, less bitter, and chloride rich.

Version 1 is sweeter, more malty, orange-amber in colour. The name is currently undecided so I’m open to suggestions. ...I already feel I might regret this :rolleyes:

Anyway, this is V2...
DF7701AD-D50A-47ED-AD42-6E63AF5C06C1.jpeg

A while since I posted, as I've not been drinking many. First for a while is this first from a small batch, of a dry hopped MO and Simcoe SMaSH. Brewed in march and only recently cleared. These will be great when the sunshine returns.
DSC_0783.JPG

Back to V2. Someone asked me earlier which version I would recommend and I answered that all three are different beers and which you might prefer would depend on your taste / what you’re looking for. With this in mind I’m thinking of naming the three differently rather than taking the “variant” approach.

Version 2 will be Summer Breeze because I think version 2 is what Summer Breeze was intended to be. It’s golden-yellow, fruity, bitter, sulphate rich.

Version 3 will be Summer Sun because it’s more juicy and softer, it has a feel-good vibe like the warmth of the sun. It’s golden-yellow again but tinged with orange, it’s softer, less bitter, and chloride rich.

Version 1 is sweeter, more malty, orange-amber in colour. The name is currently undecided so I’m open to suggestions. ...I already feel I might regret this :rolleyes:

Anyway, this is V2...
View attachment 46980
V2 sounds like the perfect version for how I like them.
v1 should be primaDonna pale as she was good but not as good as she thought. 😜

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back