What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be time for a brew. Summer Breeze while I finish today’s project - to build an enclosure for a car radiator fan to upgrade my cooling system in the brew-shed. Happy Friday lovely people 🥳

9F4CF85D-356F-450A-BF24-056662FA391F.jpeg

Based on posts elsewhere in the forum I'm expecting to see a few random Lidl craft ales pop up in this weeks virtual Friday evening session. I even bought a few random ones myself so I wouldnt feel left out.

It must be time for a brew. Summer Breeze while I finish today’s project - to build an enclosure for a car radiator fan to upgrade my cooling system in the brew-shed. Happy Friday lovely people 🥳

View attachment 47129
I do like a good fan enclosure ;)

It reminds me of an enclosure for a double 120mm fan arrangement with 12v temperature controller I put in our caravan to keep the poor overworked fridge cool on trips to France.

Happy days.

Finally its Friday and after a dry week I can finally taste my 'Old Chooky', which is version 3 of my Old Hooky clone which was re-formulated quite a bit. This time I have the colour dialled in much better and the taste and mouthfeel are just great. I can't say how close it is to the real thing as i don't have a bottle of the stuff to compare but going on memory it seems pretty close. I suppose I will have to buy a bottle now to compare.
Cheers, all have a smashing weekend.

IMG_20210514_173117106.jpg

Finally its Friday and after a dry week I can finally taste my 'Old Chooky', which is version 3 of my Old Hooky clone which was re-formulated quite a bit. This time I have the colour dialled in much better and the taste and mouthfeel are just great. I can't say how close it is to the real thing as i don't have a bottle of the stuff to compare but going on memory it seems pretty close. I suppose I will have to buy a bottle now to compare.
Cheers, all have a smashing weekend.

View attachment 47131
Are your latest recipe tweaks in your brewday thread? I'd like to give Old Hooky another try sometime.

That's looking like a good pint!

My Bramling Cross and Saaz SAISON it does seem to work though I’m also thinking it would work well in a Shandy.

Edit: Not sure why I’m saying Saaz it’s Styrian Golding in this.
Possibly wishful thinking? A Saaz and BX Saison may be rather good.

Putting BX with SG, does that work?
I could see a Saison with either BX or SG as rather delicious but can't picture the two together. Does it work?

I tried some tetleys no. 4 just because I had never heard of it. Not impressed, as monty python said, like making love in a canoe 😂😂😂. Think I had better move on to some homebrew 👍

Possibly wishful thinking? A Saaz and BX Saison may be rather good.

Putting BX with SG, does that work?
I could see a Saison with either BX or SG as rather delicious but can't picture the two together. Does it work?
It works pretty well, I should say the Bramling Cross are very much the dominant hop in this one, give it a rather nice black current flavour.

And I still have some Saaz in my freezer so may yet still give a Bramling Cross and Saaz Saison a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back