What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First proper pour of my Impy. Just the one though!
9D484D1E-341C-46AC-83C8-1B2854EE6BC9.jpeg

View attachment 47767
Next another from Hopsteep...a stout that to which the recipe has gone missing!
As you can see it pours with just a little head! Only joking! It's fantastic...thick and luxurious and remains like a big blob of off white ice cream!
It's a "sense" bomb! Coffee and choc aroma,a firm bitterness and quite a dry finish which I like. Tastes of coffee and bitter dark chocolate...it's quite highly carbonated (for a stout) I think,but this isn't detracting from my enjoyment.
I know it's "recipe lost" but I'd like to know it...with a "C" dry hop this would make a nice American style stout...more great flavour coming through as it warms..the head is still thick and creamy half way in...and has turned a nice tan colour! The dryness still comes through...I like this!
Hopsteep says it had "speciality" malts and as said,lost the recipe..so a bit of a conundrum...but I'm leaning towards more than an Irish stout,if that sounds right! As I said I recon some cascade or centennial late on maybe would be in American stout territory..
All in it's a complex,tasty,big,in your face beer! Find that recipe and tinker...
I've an inch left in the glass and there's still a thick,rocky head!
Cheers!
Just seen this thanks Clint 👍 no idea on the recipe, sadly it didn’t save on my beersmith. I know to get the colour it was all Weyermann dark malts like special W etc 🍺

View attachment 47762
First tonight is a guest ale from Hopsteep,his Tribute clone. It's been in the fridge for a couple of days and has a bit if chill haze,opens with a "pssst" and pours with a small head that lingers and laces the glass.
As a Tribute clone is a bit of a project of mine I'd say it's not Tribute-esque...for me the trait hop in Tribute is Willamette,which I find distinctive and it's lacking at this time. My first few attempts were the same which I solved with a hopstand at 80c rather than a dry hop.
However,this is a very nice,flavoursome EPA which became quite aromatic and juicy as it warmed up a bit... definitely better a bit warmer. Bitterness is spot on. To summarize...I like it a lot,it's a fine tasting,easy drinking pale which I could easily spend a nice sunny afternoon on..
Thanks for sending!
And found the other review! I agree, needs a load more late hopping 🍺

My first one today was a neipa we picked up from Aldi. Not bad I suppose. But the head disappeared in ten seconds. My home brewed one will be better I’m sure!

Since I don’t have a teku glass (yet) I’ve made do with a gin balloon 😀

3F58FC53-FEC7-41B7-81B0-8D54858B11A8.jpeg

5A953D1F-6AF8-45AD-9E06-F54BF64874DF.jpeg

The husband had a bit of pineapple rum (present from the son as it’s nearly Father’s Day) 😍

8606432C-AE87-4240-B5CE-5AADC175D0B1.jpeg

Last edited:
Having a few bought beers but I’m that tired I can’t be asred taking pics.
bought a townig caravan but it needs some tlc so that will keep nenbusy for a few days.

My first one today was a neipa we picked up from Aldi. Not bad I suppose. But the head disappeared in ten seconds. My home brewed one will be better I’m sure!

Since I don’t have a teku glass (yet) I’ve made do with a gin balloon 😀

View attachment 48890
View attachment 48891

The husband had a bit of pineapple rum (present from the sun as it’s nearly Father’s Day) 😍

View attachment 48892
I am always surprised at breweries selling beer as a neipa and it looks nothing like a nepia should I’ve had a few that looked like an American pale and been called nepia
The rum looks good 👌

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back