What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
⚽🍺
IMG_20210622_191602.jpg

At least, mate. Kegged on June 6 so it'll be August 6 before I try it again. Having a sample right now and it's getting there but still has a ways to go. Nice and boozy though.
I was talking about the two hearted clone. 6 weeks I normally have the keg done in 3 weeks 🤭

A couple of tasters of my kegs whilst riding in the garden. Now on this neipa from Lucky 7. Citra, simcoe and Idaho.

Colour looks deep orange and it's got a softness to it but lacks flavour and aroma. Shame, I have heard good things about them.

Attachments

• 20210622_203227.jpg
    20210622_203227.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 30
Just a warning that clone takes a good month of conditioning before it's really enjoyable. Something about the harshness of centennial when it's young seems to make it clash with the malt. Eventually the fruitiness shines and complements the sweeter malt bill well though. I always end up drinking 90% of it early and then kick myself that I wasn't more patient with it.
I've just bottled my two hearted clone last night. It's gonna be a very long months wait then. I'm really looking forward to trying this one.

This is @Benfleet Brewery harvest pale ale, and it's very nice. Lovely and clear, head which lasts. Flavour is different to anything I've brewed before, but I've never used summit and not tasted my williamette hopped beer yet. Lovely sweet aroma. I could have another bucketful of these! Cheers mate!

Attachments

• 20210622_204022.jpg
    20210622_204022.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 33
What was your recipe. I went Maris otter and caramalt. 160g of centennial, 100 of that was a dry hop.
Here's the malt bill. I had a bit of trouble getting the chateau Vienna so just swapped it out for more Pale ale malz. and I think I used about 188g centennial, 100g of that was dry hop aswell. Hope it turns out nice.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210525-152431_Brewfather.jpg
    Screenshot_20210525-152431_Brewfather.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 25
This is @Benfleet Brewery harvest pale ale, and it's very nice. Lovely and clear, head which lasts. Flavour is different to anything I've brewed before, but I've never used summit and not tasted my williamette hopped beer yet. Lovely sweet aroma. I could have another bucketful of these! Cheers mate!
I have one to try as well, very excited after reading this 🍺

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back