What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An American ipa I brewed a month or more ago and out of sheer laziness I dumped it on top of the yeast and turb from an esb , won’t be doing that again as it tastes like an American English ipb. Like a meat eating vegetarian it’s very very confused
CC353BF2-6A85-4C66-BE70-AE8C24100BED.jpeg

Last one as work in the morning (again 🙄) jet black heart on nitro said the last time I had this I wasn’t impressed as it tastes flat under the nitro head and tastes more coffee than vanilla but didn’t realise I had bought 2 of them. Unimpressed.
62306081-00D3-420F-9937-4E35F7424056.jpeg

Visited 2 breweries today to pick up a mate's wedding present for Saturday (lucky my brew fridge was empty)
20210624_135857.jpg

Couldn't resist picking up a few for myself while there. First up is a Citra pale from Kent Brewery.
Nice and bitter quaffing ale 🍻
20210624_171337.jpg

Brew's on. I've been in a right funk for the last few days knowing that I had nothing in the FV for over a week. Time to remedy that with a Five Points Best Bitter attempt. Already made a cock up with weighing out pilsner malt instead of pale, but managed to replace some of it before I'd milled it all.
rps20210624_174425.jpg

rps20210624_174629.jpg

I'm in my happy place now. athumb..
Beer is a Bramling Cross bitter.

Today was a beach day at Wells-next-the-sea. The tide was out and goes out a long way so you probably can’t even see the sea. Even here on the beach I had far better connectivity than at the holiday home!

C48500DF-3C14-4BAC-BDFA-D49714F28C1A.jpeg

On the way back we visited a local brewery where I bought a new glass and a selection of beers. The brewery grow and malt their own grain (Maris Otter), I have bought some if we had room in the car but that will have to wait for another day. Most of their grain is exported to California - wish I’d asked which breweries.

3D9E4135-69D6-42DA-8450-DF7CCD314CDC.jpeg
02FEC728-7A13-44C3-B3C0-8837D15DE658.jpeg

A bit further along the same road, this?!
507E7DF6-F941-4D66-BE95-F09CFFEBA233.jpeg

Time to tuck in to one of those beers. This one has bready malt, pine, and citrus flavours. The aroma also has just a hint of malt whisky to it.
C5FE1617-9F55-46D9-8F45-E89F81FDCB29.jpeg

Summer Breeze V2, kegged on Tuesday and burst carbed for 48hrs. It’s bloody lovely, an absolute hop bomb with a bright dry finish. I can see why @Hazelwood Brewery can’t seem to keep his hands off it. Pity it chucking it down outside, this is definitely one for seeing in the long evenings on the patio.

8A5F1033-B524-43DB-A512-2CF62DF2F4B9.jpeg

Summer Breeze V2, kegged on Tuesday and burst carbed for 48hrs. It’s bloody lovely, an absolute hop bomb with a bright dry finish. I can see why @Hazelwood Brewery can’t seem to keep his hands off it. Pity it chucking it down outside, this is definitely one for seeing in the long evenings on the patio.

View attachment 49634
I’m pleased you like it. 2-6 weeks is the sweet-spot for this beer so it will improve. It’s still good before and after but the sweet-spot is where it’s most juicy and clean.

Today was a beach day at Wells-next-the-sea. The tide was out and goes out a long way so you probably can’t even see the sea. Even here on the beach I had far better connectivity than at the holiday home!

View attachment 49626
On the way back we visited a local brewery where I bought a new glass and a selection of beers. The brewery grow and malt their own grain (Maris Otter), I have bought some if we had room in the car but that will have to wait for another day. Most of their grain is exported to California - wish I’d asked which breweries.

View attachment 49627 View attachment 49629
A bit further along the same road, this?!
View attachment 49630
Time to tuck in to one of those beers. This one has bready malt, pine, and citrus flavours. The aroma also has just a hint of malt whisky to it.
View attachment 49633
It's insane that they export malt to the US. I bet we have whole load of UK companies importing the same product from across the pond.

It's insane that they export malt to the US. I bet we have whole load of UK companies importing the same product from across the pond.
Yes I don’t understand how it can be better to transport stuff across the world that can be produced at home or even worse, as you say, selling the same stuff to each other. This is maybe one of the aspects of economics that should factor in environmental policies. Oops sorry, no more politics 🙊

I’m pleased you like it. 2-6 weeks is the sweet-spot for this beer so it will improve. It’s still good before and after but the sweet-spot is where it’s most juicy and clean.
2 weeks won‘t be a problem, but I can’t see it lasting 6. I’m loving how the bready Vienna flavours play with the hops. I’m getting an almost lemony finish overall, it’s a really good beer. :hat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back