What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My last one tonight. I just love the dark malty flavour in this ale. It has to be one of my (many) favourites.

F497CFD7-79FC-49B9-9082-2D31D89EFF23.jpeg

Im not drinking at 0900 (no promises once on my holidays tomorrow) but my lemon and lime lager is coming good I think. Head retention isnt great, but a lot of peel went into the FV so I assume a certain oil content. Totally worth it for the citrus flavour. Very drinkable. Possibly too much so for its 5.5% I might actually drop that a good bit for next brew, as it would be ideal to rattle a few of these on a hot day.

20210704_200425.jpg

Im not drinking at 0900 (no promises once on my holidays tomorrow) but my lemon and lime lager is coming good I think. Head retention isnt great, but a lot of peel went into the FV so I assume a certain oil content. Totally worth it for the citrus flavour. Very drinkable. Possibly too much so for its 5.5% I might actually drop that a good bit for next brew, as it would be ideal to rattle a few of these on a hot day.

View attachment 50256
I wouldn’t be surprised if the lemon and lime mellows out quite quickly, the orange peel in my saison does.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the lemon and lime mellows out quite quickly, the orange peel in my saison does.
Its been 15 days in the bottle and lastnight I felt it was the best its been, but aye I suspect it may not last. Backed them up with some lemondrop hops late in the boil too maybe thats helping.

Anyway, I dont think growing old and past it is a particular concern for this beer 😃

Loved that beer last summer in the garden 19l keg went very quick with the daughters boyfriends (3 daughters brought 1 each not 1 daughter with several😂) must brew it again but not sure on the marmalade 🤷‍♂️ What did it bring to it ?

Slight orangey back flavour and stretched it out to 25L, with a slightly more noticeable ABV.
Adding Orange peel and coriander is pretty common in Belgian beers and I also make marmalade at home and chuck some in instead of sugar, now and then.

A pint of Turbo Cider made from Roddy's recipe on this forum. Using Aldi's apple juice, it has a slightly sour, dry taste. The 10 litres I made isn't going to last too long. Cheers Roddy.
tl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back