What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One week away from towing our van to St David's. That reminds me, I need to do research on hostelries and breweries...
Went there last year. Not far from us. I will check if the beer trailer is still going. They were parked up in the rugby club car park. Selling craft beers from a horse box. Really good selection

I’ve always wanted to put a corny in the caravan somewhere but I think my other half would kill me 😂
The thought had crossed my mind. Though I have a cunning plan...
I've been brewing 24l batches recently, 19l for the corny, with a convenient 5l left over ;)
3x mini kegs filled, conditioned, and ready to stash under the seats. Well done me! clapa
rps20210709_200609.jpg

Went there last year. Not far from us. I will check if the beer trailer is still going. They were parked up in the rugby club car park. Selling craft beers from a horse box. Really good selection
Oooh! That sounds good!

Apologies for my delayed appearance at the bar and apologies to @pilgrimhudd
I have been a bit poor at drinking some of my guest ales of late and I have had this beer some time.

Tomahawk ipa. A lovely ipa that's hitting the spot after a long day in work.

No worries, glad you enjoyed it, some of them have badly oxidised for some reason so am glad you got a good one.

The colour of it almost replicates the name, sorry to hear about your fermenter problems, sounds like it was designed by somebody with a lack of engineers logic

Oooh! That sounds good!

This is it.

The posts say there is now a brewery in st David's. Which site are you staying at? We were at whitesands, be careful with an awning the wind can pick up very quickly. Ours came crashing down.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210709-204130_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210709-204130_Facebook.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 20200828_164819.jpg
    20200828_164819.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 26
Thanks. I’ll be drinking yours later. I felt mine was lacking a bit of mouthfeel and it’s the first witbier I’ve made that seems to want to clear.

Otherwise happy with it, even if as a competition entry it’s my least favourite of the 4 wits I’ve made.
Here’s my verdict on @Broken Toe witbier. You can see from the picture the colour difference between mine and his - like @Hopsteep earlier on the thread you can see that my wit has started to clear.

3CEB89B7-7938-44E6-8226-4FD6E4B3BFCF.jpeg

It’s nice and refreshing, the orange really comes through well and the tartness from the yeast is more obvious than in mine. I like the mouthfeel a lot (it’s what I’m lacking) and it’s highly carbonated. A very nice beer - a pleasure doing business with you.

I’d be interested to see the differences in our recipes. I mainly disregarded the competition recipe pack and did my own thing - I used the Pilsner malt and the oats but ignored the Munich and subbed out the wheat malt for flaked wheat. The only hops are 8g magnum for 60mins, and I used 30g of orange peel and 10g of crushed coriander seeds for the last 10mins.

One of the best. Hard to beat this beer and my recent clone attempt will not come close I suspect !!
1625860031415.png

Guinness W E Porter and Old Peculier are my go to beers unfortunately the shop in town were out of Guinness porter so i will have to start with an Old Peculier followed by a bishops finger tonight.

(ooh err missus) :laugh8:

Its a tough life.

1625860010308.png

Here’s my verdict on @Broken Toe witbier. You can see from the picture the colour difference between mine and his - like @Hopsteep earlier on the thread you can see that my wit has started to clear.

View attachment 50555

It’s nice and refreshing, the orange really comes through well and the tartness from the yeast is more obvious than in mine. I like the mouthfeel a lot (it’s what I’m lacking) and it’s highly carbonated. A very nice beer - a pleasure doing business with you.

I’d be interested to see the differences in our recipes. I mainly disregarded the competition recipe pack and did my own thing - I used the Pilsner malt and the oats but ignored the Munich and subbed out the wheat malt for flaked wheat. The only hops are 8g magnum for 60mins, and I used 30g of orange peel and 10g of crushed coriander seeds for the last 10mins.
So out of pure laziness I took the malt bill as sold. But I went rouge with the hops really trying to push the citrus out by using some Magnum to get my ibu and then whirlpool with 25g lemondrop and 10g Cashmere. For the herbs I went with 12g Indian coriander, 7g camomile and then 25g orange peel. All for a 19l batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back