What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still on ze german wheat beers
IMG_20210710_180408324_HDR-01.jpeg

Hi Leon i have just kegged my first siason, i have never tasted one so have no clue i did taste a small sample and it was all fruity quite nice, the hops were sorachi ace yeast cml lille siason, any pointers on taste would be most welcome

View attachment 50627
GH Yorkshire Bitter (4.1%)

I had forgotten I had a few of these still out in the garage found them whole sorting though a few odds and ends. Looking at my notes I brewed it in in November last year so it has being in their for over Six months. While I don’t think it has improved from when I was drinking it back in January I can’t detect any notable decline either, so seems to be at least fairly shelf stable. It is a tad more carbonated than I remember and I am wondering if it wasn’t quite finished fermenting when I bottled. But still a nice easy drinking bitter which I will finish off in short order,
I've got a Corny of the GH Yorkshire on the go too at the moment, but it's going down fast. Lovely easy-drinking beer, but it's got a bit of character to it.

Pint of Bitter. My first attempt. Poured vigorously to make it look nice/better. Drank half of it in 5 minutes so it’s not too far off the style😁

That’s the best sort of test 👍 congrats, no going back now!

Hi Leon i have just kegged my first siason, i have never tasted one so have no clue i did taste a small sample and it was all fruity quite nice, the hops were sorachi ace yeast cml lille siason, any pointers on taste would be most welcome
Never used sorachi. I hear they are quite unique taste.
A saison taste is hard to describe. Very dry, peppery and hint of spice. Depends on yeast and temperature you ferment at.

Sorachi ace is great in a Saison. You should get hints of lemon. Some say they get a taste of dill. The yeast should give a dry finish with pepper, spice.
Make sure you get a high carbonation it really improves this style of beer.

Sorachi ace is great in a Saison. You should get hints of lemon. Some say they get a taste of dill. The yeast should give a dry finish with pepper, spice.
Make sure you get a high carbonation it really improves this style of beer.
The cml doesn't seem to finish that low in my experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back