What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished first sample of my Altbier, it's only been in the keg a week, carbonation is fine and it's fairly clear already. Really nice malty ale with noble hop character. Think it could do with lagering for a while to crisp up some more but enjoying as it is.
IMG_20210710_203354.jpg

milk1.jpeg

Oatmeal milk stout. I nearly binned this, after committing the cardinal error of omitting the oats from an oatmeal stout (later massively bodged) :rolleyes: and it looked to be well under par for strength too (only 3.9% by the simplistic calculation), but trying it now, it seems very pleasant and drinkable, albeit a bit young. But here's the thing: does the presence of lactose in some way 'invalidate' FG readings, and hence jigger the ABV assumption? If anyone could advise, I'd be grateful. In the meantime, it looks another enjoyable session beer, so all good. 😀

Hi Leon i have just kegged my first siason, i have never tasted one so have no clue i did taste a small sample and it was all fruity quite nice, the hops were sorachi ace yeast cml lille siason, any pointers on taste would be most welcome
Ha ha I just had my first bottle of saison last night as well very nice
image.jpg
image.jpg

I wonder how many Peroni and Moretti we'll see in the thread tonight from the non-english contingent? :oops:

I wonder how many Peroni and Moretti we'll see in the thread tonight from the non-english contingent? :oops:
I’m sure @Chippy_Tea will ensure any comments not in support of England are “moderated” out of all threads tonight!

I’m not expecting to hear much from @samale and @Donegal john tonight 😂

I guess the rules below cover it, we will no doubt see later ;)

You agree to use the Websites only for purposes that are permitted by a) this Agreement and b) any applicable law, regulation, or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions.
  • You agree to refrain from engaging in any inappropriate conduct when using the Websites.
  • Inappropriate conduct will not be tolerated and may result in the termination of member privileges.
  • Inappropriate conduct is any conduct or behaviour deemed by us, in our sole and absolute discretion, to be harmful to the online community, including, but not limited to, the following:

• Posting any content deemed by us to be obscene, sexually explicit, vulgar, threatening, harassing, or abusive;
  • Engaging in activity that makes you a high-maintenance user to our staff;
  • posting content which promotes hatred of any race, ethnicity, sex, gender, or religion;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back