What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for looking at it for me. There’s a lot less of it now as I’ve just bottled a few bottles for my son with my stupid tapcooler (yes it is stupid) who is going on holiday tomorrow, and I’ve lost about a litre in the process from making a chuffing mess. Not my day.

One more nag then I’ll shut up lol. This is my FG reading from Friday night. This was just before I did the pressure transfer to the Fermzilla. Note the colour. Interesting!

C72AF93F-27B2-4647-90E0-9E15804E8657.png

One more nag then I’ll shut up lol. This is my FG reading from Friday night. This was just before I did the pressure transfer to the Fermzilla. Note the colour. Interesting!

View attachment 51615
If that was the colour of the beer at the end of primary fermentation, I think you may be back to oxidation.

Last edited:
If that was the colour of the wort at th egg vending primary

If that was the colour of the beer at the end of primary fermentation, I think you may be back to oxidation.

I agree. But my hubby is very cross and says there’s nothing wrong with it. He says it can’t possibly oxidise in a few days. He’s wrong.

My Summer Breeze kicked 😭

So, a couple of days earlier than planned I’m putting my new keg of Summer Breeze on tap. This is the one with a mash hop addition, higher whirlpool temp, and an early dry hop for bio-transformation.

FF598640-B48F-44F0-BD63-F16EB18CF8F1.jpeg

The colour is much the same but this first pint is more hazy than normal and there is a yeasty taste so I’m probably drinking part beer and part fallen yeast 😳 Ah well, I’m not sitting too far from the toilet!

It is aromatic but I’m not yet convinced it’s more aromatic. I think it might taste more fruity. More later when I’m not supping yeast!

My Summer Breeze kicked 😭

So, a couple of days earlier than planned I’m putting my new keg of Summer Breeze on tap. This is the one with a mash hop addition, higher whirlpool temp, and an early dry hop for bio-transformation.

View attachment 51619
The colour is much the same but this first pint is more hazy than normal and there is a yeasty taste so I’m probably drinking part beer and part fallen yeast 😳 Ah well, I’m not sitting too far from the toilet!

It is aromatic but I’m not yet convinced it’s more aromatic. I think it might taste more fruity. More later when I’m not supping yeast!

it’ll probably get clearer as you go down the barrel 😂😝

Bottle of Vienna APA #5 after clearing down from a midweek post-work brewday. Fitting in brews is getting harder post lockdown with summer holiday activities for the kids!

If today's brew is as good as this one, it will be well worth it though.

Guinness Foreign Extra Stout. Wanted to try this for a while and found it in a local corner shop I rarely frequent stuck between the 600ml bottles of Cobra and the ubiquitous Polish beers. I really like it. Well balanced, strong but not sickly sweet. Bitter finish and some hoppy character too. 7.5% so should help the insomnia too.

Stressful time trying to sort out covid arrangements ahead of next weekends trip to Greece (deferred from last year when ironically it would have been easier to go) so time for a restorative German Pilsner.
View attachment 51580
We've just got back from a fortnight in Spain- yes, there were hoops to jump through, but in the end it was a total joy to get away and relax. Make sure you have all your ducks in a row, and itll be a breeze!! Enjoy!!( If you're a Facebook user, there's a Covid travel group that I could invite you to, lots of check lists etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back