What are you drinking tonight 2021?

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

LisaMC

Landlady.
Reaction score
Finished all my jobs so I’m having half of my oxidised crap! 😂

Not upset any more, it is what it is! I have a plan for next time to ensure it doesn’t happen again 🙈🤞

Positives about it:-

Haze is spot on
Head retention not too bad
Well-balanced and smooth

I have learned a lot on this brew cycle! You can’t learn if you don’t make mistakes. Have a good evening everyone!

34868DEA-433E-4457-A827-2A6A9A00E995.png

Hazelwood Brewery

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had some food at a gourmet burger place - nice. Unfortunately I ordered a CLWB TROPICA and didn’t realise until I started drinking it that it’s alcohol free 😳 Take my advice on this one, leave it on the shelf, it’s awful - weak yeasty water with a touch of lemon.

91EB9F3C-FF4E-43F4-BA1F-91463B0F00B5.jpeg

Brewnaldo

Landlord.
Reaction score
What a result here for @DocAnna. Nothing promised on the label that wasnt comprehensively delivered. This one has, to my puzzlement, lay in my garage Anna dropped it off several weeks ago, and has endured a temperature profile that even Greta Thunberg would have found fanciful, yet the colour, the thick haze and the head have all remained, as has a massive fruity aroma as soon as it was opened.

Taste and mouthfeel could easily (and them some) pass as a commerical NEIPA, which is what I always want to hear my brews compared to so hopefully that hits the mark! Well done Anna 👏

Also, the labels as discussed before
20210728_185126.jpg
are superb

Alastair70

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Much as I’m loving the Irish Red’s at the minute, have to wind up with one off these. Hats off to the quality control team at Guinness, I had one of the crew as a patient a couple of months back. He explained just how hard they had to work to make sure standards were maintained during the various lockdown/restart cycles and 95+% fall in volume of brews over that period.

Attachments

Gerryjo

Still brewing though never get much time....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Much as I’m loving the Irish Red’s at the minute, have to wind up with one off these. Hats off to the quality control team at Guinness, I had one of the crew as a patient a couple of months back. He explained just how hard they had to work to make sure standards were maintained during the various lockdown/restart cycles and 95+% fall in volume of brews over that period.
Funny I had a few in Jury's Inn Christchurch Dublin as the missus and I had a two night staycation deal Monday and Tuesday and they were cracking pints though has been nearly two years since I've had a proper pint of the black stuff...

Gerryjo

Still brewing though never get much time....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having a selection since I'm off on holidays and feel I need to sample a few more commercial ones so as I can compare them to my own which are carbing up nicely.
PXL_20210728_200641728.jpg

I had a pint of my Citra SMaSH and I can't find much difference except the Buxton has a better head which I'm quite happy with.

Last edited:

Benfleet Brewery

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

moto748

Landlord.
Reaction score
Right now, as per the Brewing At Room Temp thread, I'm drinking a Kolsch (I was brewing one, but realised I had never tasted one before). Anyway, I don't know how much variation there is in this type (I have two different ones), but to my untutored taste-buds, this is a *just* a lager. Nice enough, as lager goes, but... I suppose I was expecting something a bit different.

moto748

Landlord.
Reaction score
And now a Call it Something Nice chocolate and vanilla stout, from a local-ish brewery. 6.6% ABV. Again, a type I'm not at all familiar with. My first thought was, whooah, way too much chocolate! But that kinda dissipates a bit as you drink it. Certainly plenty going on, and good mouth-feel.

Benfleet Brewery

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tapped into my keg of session APA tonight. As I did, and the tap spluttered trying to dispense anything at all, it was then I remembered this was the first brew I’d dry hopped without a hop bag, and had just dumped all the pellets into the FV. It was a bloody nightmare to keg this one with a large amount of hop debris getting pulled up from the syphon and into the keg. It had clearly now clogged the dip tube.

I disconnected the gas and liquid posts and released the pressure in the keg a bit, then forced the gas pipe onto the liquid post and shot a burst of CO2 into it hoping this would clear it. The first bit out was a bit frothy but it seemed to do the trick, thankfully. It’s actually a pretty nice beer after all that.

6D3A7702-E6E1-47BA-8794-CC9650A9290B.jpeg