What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But not a third. Irish Red loaded to set and forget fir 2 weeks, going to have a Summer Breeze instead.
image.jpg

Kosmicki.jpg

The KBS is something else. Very high in coffee flavor and thick. It says chocolate but I don't really notice that. It's a high ABV brew and too expensive to buy regularly.
Belgium Trippell .jpg

That's my HB Belgian Triple, 13.6% ABV, aged for eight months in the fermenter (7 months and 1 week longer than I wanted, technically). It's only been bottled for 5 days and it's pretty much half way to where it should be. I dosed the bottling bucket with a 11g dry yeast/1/4 C sugar starter (too much yeast I learned after the fact) plus 1/2 C priming solution. As is, it's good enough.

Followed by a big bottle of my Cali Helles (Helles brewed with California lager yeast).
PXL_20210730_154949403.jpg

The first bottle I cracked open was a dud, it hadn't sealed properly and was flat as a pancake! The second was much better, malty and lagery with a touch of honey. It could've done with a touch more carbonation too though.

My Summer Breeze kicked 😭

So, a couple of days earlier than planned I’m putting my new keg of Summer Breeze on tap. This is the one with a mash hop addition, higher whirlpool temp, and an early dry hop for bio-transformation.

View attachment 51619
The colour is much the same but this first pint is more hazy than normal and there is a yeasty taste so I’m probably drinking part beer and part fallen yeast 😳 Ah well, I’m not sitting too far from the toilet!

It is aromatic but I’m not yet convinced it’s more aromatic. I think it might taste more fruity. More later when I’m not supping yeast!
What's the idea with mashing hops, does it work the same was as the boil and add bittering by adding so early in process?

First taster of what is meant to be Ruby mild clone which I have brewed for outlaws surprise 40th wedding do. Its too cold and not carbed and looks like a glass of mud. Had hoped to bottle from keg tomorrow before holidays on Sunday. Ain't going to happen so it will get another 2 weeks and as we return day before party a hasty decision will need to be made at that point....

16276670253973234868587124804923.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back