What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m back from Norfolk having drunk them dry of Wherry 😉 Now on my own bitter.

4DC7E823-41EC-4E41-8611-38C8FBD775F6.jpeg

We went to South Creake, my wife’s old stomping ground and had a walk round the village. As we passed each house my wife told me who lived there and any interesting stories. For such a small village it has some great history and even had a razor blade factory, a Kellogg’s factory, and it’s own brewery! I was interested to see the old brewery was still there but is now a house having ceased brewing in 1914 after 160 years!

B430702A-B9A6-456A-B029-316AB63F43EA.jpeg

View attachment 52321

We went to South Creake, my wife’s old stomping ground and had a walk round the village. As we passed each house my wife told me who lived there and any interesting stories. For such a small village it has some great history and even had a razor blade factory, a Kellogg’s factory, and it’s own brewery! I was interested to see the old brewery was still there but is now a house having ceased brewing in 1914 after 160 years!

View attachment 52322
I love a bit of local history :-) come to think of it, increasingly I am a bit of local history … :rolleyes:

I love a bit of local history :-) come to think of it, increasingly I am a bit of local history … :rolleyes:
There’s a lot there. This pump in one of the gardens was used by a dozen households as their only source of water, there are others in other gardens.
8FFF8EBC-127A-446A-8265-DE6DAFC59D86.jpeg

This petrol pump used to serve the villagers. The owner one morning went to drive off in his van and discovered his gearbox had been stolen 😂
B1F341B6-5EA5-475A-ADCF-0892F3B2F640.jpeg

My wife told me how they had no toilet in her youth, just a plank with a hole and a bucket underneath the hole. Each night some men in a horse-drawn cart would empty the buckets from all the houses. Not a job I’d relish!

Anyway, enough of that. Time for a stout.
33CEFA32-2103-40E4-B3EF-716253106E2A.jpeg

Having my first drop of Turbo, never tried one before as not a massive cider fan, but wanted to do one for friends and family and wow, after a freak alteration to the recipe because our freezer died its stunning, not even conditioned, in the keg force carbed this morning, let's have a sip to see, wow 3 pints later Lol

Attachments

• IMG_20210809_174517.jpg
    IMG_20210809_174517.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 34
There’s a lot there. This pump in one of the gardens was used by a dozen households as their only source of water, there are others in other gardens.
View attachment 52326

This petrol pump used to serve the villagers. The owner one morning went to drive off in his van snd fisvovered😂
View attachment 52327

My wife told me how they had no toilet in her youth, just a plank with a hole and a bucket underneath the hole. Each night some men in a horse-drawn cart would empty the buckets from all the houses. Not a job I’d relish!

Anyway, enough of that. Time for a stout.
View attachment 52330
Sounds like a **** job in that village, I think I would prefer the brewery tasting job 😂

View attachment 52321

View attachment 52322
I did some googling to see what they brewed. They had a creake xx ale, a ginger beer, a non alcoholic hop bitter ale called Kops ale, superior ale's and a double stout.

Would be cool to find a recipe or two.

Off for two weeks and both my Kegs are empty 😢
My homebrew selection is limited to mostly Belgian beers. 3 fermentor's on the go to catch up. I might buy another tomorrow. Full scale production 😁

Similar here. No beer left apart from what’s fermenting (and some of that is going away to take on hols) so wine it is!

I’m starting on this glorious day with an English bitter while waiting for the wort to come up the boil for my latest batch English bitter.

This batch (the one I’m drinking) has just the slightest hint of cherry to it. You might remember I changed the water profile and my mash regime for this batch. It’s really rather nice but I’m at a loss as to where it’s coming from. The obvious choice (maybe) is from yeast esters but I fermented with the same yeast at the same temperature for the same time.

6E777EC8-A980-4F5B-A99E-32C7723483A9.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back