What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was off-line last night because we were out celebrating our grand-daughters exam results. Well deserved after all the work she put into studying. I was on the Samuel Adams all night which I quite liked, very malty.

2FF8767C-E51D-4FAA-B686-A219F603A72D.jpeg

I also took delivery yesterday of a gift for myself 😋

F0B1E501-3D14-4829-8465-03CF8A5665AA.jpeg

For anyone in norn-iron Lidl have a couple of the bullhouse brewery cans in small axe and road tripping for £1.59 that’s half what gees etc normally charge. Derry has none this morning bu plenty in limavegas
FDA66BB9-9D3C-4A9C-B4C1-02211EDE35FA.jpeg

there are also a few Belgian beers in stock triples and quads

First pour of a Voss ipa with vic secret. Very nice and I brewed it a bit lower than max at 30c there was a slight orange taste from the yeast but it’s disappeared now to leave strawberry and Mellon finishView attachment 52462

Out of curiosity, what was the final FG? I used voss for my latest one and I got 95% attenuation at 1.002. Wondered if you had a similar result?

I didn't think of that lol. I need to learn not to trust Brewfather's predictions. Silly me! I'll have to wait a couple of weeks to see if mine is any good. Just put it in the fridge today but it's quite cloudy so needs a while.

I didn't think of that lol. I need to learn not to trust Brewfather's predictions. Silly me! I'll have to wait a couple of weeks to see if mine is any good. Just put it in the fridge today but it's quite cloudy so needs a while.
What was your ferment temp ?
last one I did with Voss At 40c finished at 1.004 and was thin and orangey but didn’t fit with the hops I used. This time I used different hop combo and fermented around 25-30 much nicer
Would be great to have hindsight in front of us lol

It would lol. I did it at 65 for the whole 60 mins. My last one was done at 68 and I thought it was a bit thick, so tried to reduce that a bit this time. I fermented mine at 36c. I think it goes up to 40c it's ridiculous. I used hothead by omega on my last one and I fermented that at 39c. It reduced daily though by itself. On the bright side I'll have temp control next time I start one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back