What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, what was the final FG? I used voss for my latest one and I got 95% attenuation at 1.002. Wondered if you had a similar result?
I get about 90% with Voss most of the time regardless of temperature, though I do find that the orange flavour is a lot more pronounced the closer you get to 40°C (Typically mash at about 65°C).

As for what I’m drinking tonight my Voss Saaz Pilsner Smash it’s a tad Hazy but very drinkable.

image.jpg

I need to make a new shelf in my bottle fridge so can fit a keg in there to condition. I have got a spare 9litre keg that I could transfer what's left instead of bottling a few litres.
I am waiting on BKT to get the kegland 19 litre kegs back in stock. I need another 2 at least

sa.jpg

I literally only bought this for the bottle! A rare clear deep-collar type. As the name suggests, it is gold, so a lot paler than it looks here. Quite hoppy (Styrian Goldings and Cascade, apparently), bit nicer than I expected, really.

i may need something stronger soon, my team are two tries down already and they've only been playing 15 minutes. :(

Last edited:
View attachment 52570

I literally only bought this for the bottle! A rare clear deep-collar type. As the name suggests, it is gold, so a lot paler than it looks here. Quite hoppy (Styrian Goldings and Cascade, apparently), bit nicer than I expected, really.
It was one of my favorite ales when I was starting my beer journey. Especially nice from the cask/keg. I really hope marsons don't dumb it down.

This mosaic and citra saison is amazing. The berry from the mosaic comes out really well and the dankness meshes with the saison earthiness. Good thing I have 25 more of these. It's also only been in the bottle for about 5 days and the greenness is already gone.

PXL_20210813_185340729.jpg

Never tried mosiac in a Saison.
Me either, I really enjoy citra in them but I think I have a new favorite combo. I also added some phosphoric acid post boil to drop the pH more and give it a bit more sour twang. Out of the fermenter it was too sour but it's really nice now. I wonder if that is helping with the fruitiness?

Me either, I really enjoy citra in them but I think I have a new favorite combo. I also added some phosphoric acid post boil to drop the pH more and give it a bit more sour twang. Out of the fermenter it was too sour but it's really nice now. I wonder if that is helping with the fruitiness?
Sounds interesting, my latest Saison with hallertau Blanc is really nice. I need to get another on soon. Not often I would brew the same beer so soon but I am really enjoying it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back