What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very simple recipe from Graham Wheeler's book
22 litres
5000g Maris Otter
40g Challenger @ 60 minutes
20g EKG @ 15 minutes
20g EKG @ 20 minutes hop stand
Nottingham or CML Midland yeast
My goodness that is simple - and I have the correct ingredients with no substitutions for once.
Sounds like it's a 'doer', especially as my SWMBO'd likes this type of beer!
Thanks CC.

Nice pint of wainwright’s in Southport with a spot of lunch
17DB5D52-F7B8-4DC0-B5AB-9FB0583C5AC1.jpeg

We met up with some friends at a local pub for a beer and a spot of lunch. They only had Doombar on tap so choice was limited but I like it enough to force a few down ;)

339D37E2-3C42-471B-A475-6A091DF5DAC3.jpeg

Home now and trying the Pilgrim. It may not be quite as bright after two months but still has pretty good colour and still has a hoppy aroma / flavour. I might even bottle a pint and send it off to this months comp 🤔

0E8893DB-7A17-43C6-AFF5-30AFC2B63F66.jpeg

My goodness that is simple - and I have the correct ingredients with no substitutions for once.
Sounds like it's a 'doer', especially as my SWMBO'd likes this type of beer!
Thanks CC.
In fact, now I think about it SWMBO'd likes most types of (good) beer.
She's just not a fan of Austrian type Weissbier, and the modern 'thick trifle fruit ice cream gateaux' USA IPA styles .
Come to think of it, same as me really except I like a good Weissbier as well. Don't like them sweet either.

Early beer for me ...Hammers are on the TV early today so why not⚒🍺⚽
View attachment 54301
Snap on the Paulaner Munich Hell tonight!

I'm also an (armchair part-time) Hammers fan. I think the last game I saw live Jimmy Quinn scored the winner in a 2-0 win at Oxford United in the old 2nd Division. Possibly Billy Bonds first game in charge. COYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back