What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
;)

1E170049-08DC-469C-91AE-CA2DA3257F27.jpeg

Out with the cycle club tonight,as we are approaching the end of the summer season I thought I would have a few pints post ride.

Main bar in my local is finally open and had one the best cask beers i have ever had. Purple moose high hops. They labelled it as a pale ale which was wrong 5.5%. The official description is A full-bodied yet seriously refreshing Tropical IPA boasting aromas of grapefruit, lime and passion fruit with a mango twist.

Have been in Witney this week with my brother visiting as we have had the heartbroken time of taking our daughter to Manchester uni and have had an absolute cracker of Hoper nation IPA on cask which in the first night was a very floral aroma and flavour bit had totally changed on the second.
Next up was Boddingtons at the Holiday Inn and though the oy ale available is a low ABV ale which is relatively neutral but quite sessionable and have thoroughly enjoyed my time across the pond but must head back home to the emerald Isle and leave my wee love here and can only hope she gets to enjoy some fine Ales when she gets bored of Captain Morgans.

Iv got a can of Guinness "original" or "extra stout" or whatever jabber it is they put on those cans, to sit side by side with my own homeade version which is very, very young but as the bottles seem to be carbed, and there was only a handful of them (rest to be bottled after force carb in keg) I figured il just give it a whirl.

Will post up a wee pic later on

Polished off a couple of pints of my Mountain IPA to calm down after a horrendous end to my ‘pretend to be at work’ brew afternoon and then moved on to something darker… Not had this for around a month, 5l left in the keg and it‘s rounding out nicely, Elusive Spellbinder coffee Porter clone. Have around 15 bottles of it as well that I’m saving for a rainy day.

17C72C81-0DED-4199-9267-E9FF3F89CC65.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back