What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackberry flavoured bitter. Opened my first bottle tonight. Interesting but not as flavoursome as hoped. I made a mango flavoured one at the same time which has a nice smell and subtle mango undertone. Am sure this one will improve over time 🤔

Attachments

• IMG_20210928_203922575.jpg
    IMG_20210928_203922575.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 25
Had a Citra/Simcoe hazy pale from @dan125 . Great beer, looks great, pungent tropical aroma and very fresh. Flavour was very obvious there was Citra. Nice level of bitterness . Probably prefer a slightly lighter body but it's still very drinkable. Very enjoyable. In flesh it looks a little paler, the Mrs said it looked like pineapple juice I was very impressed with the aroma😋
IMG_20210928_191929.jpg

I tend to go through phases where I’ll have a lot (probably until I get sick of it!) and then have none for a while. I do like it though 😋

I used to have one to start the night at the weekend and then something different to follow then SWMBO found Guinness West Indies Porter so i now have both to start the night then something to follow.

Have you tried Guinness West Indies Porter?

1632942534133.png

I used to have one to start the night at the weekend and then something different to follow then SWMBO found Guinness West Indies Porter so i now have both to start the night then something to follow.

Have you tried Guinness West Indies Porter?

View attachment 54969
I think I did but I’m not sure - either I haven’t or it wasn’t so much to my taste. I’ll have to get one now to find out 😂

I think I did but I’m not sure - either I haven’t or it wasn’t so much to my taste. I’ll have to get one now to find out 😂

My taste buds are not what they used to be and i used to hate Guinness back in the day (when they were fine) so i don't know how i would compare it to Old Peculier, its got to be worth a try ;)

English hoppy pale ale.
Started 18/8/21.
Hops from local Hukins farm.
Challenger for bittering boil, Ernest (a rarity I believe) late and whirlpool.
IMG_20210929_204219.jpg

Couldn't resist a 'trial' now we're home. An absolute cracker!
Amazingly just what I had aimed for.
Full fruity aroma and initial flavour, then rounded and bitter on the palate leading to a long return of the fruity aftertaste.
Malts were mostly Maris Otter with a smidgen of pale crystal and a little crushed plain grains.
This will not last long when the family get to try it - except they're all going away now.
Shame, looks like it's down to me then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back