What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
grey2.jpg

I am the world's worst cameraman, so you'll have to trust me this is a lot clearer than it looks! This is my 'Grey Sheep', first taste, bottled <checks notes> 17 days ago. I think I can fairly say it's my best bitter yet, and I'm sure it will improve a fair from here. Good chestnut colour and carbonation is spot-on.

I am on the hunt for one of them teku glasses.

I have some of these - £6 for 4. Technically they are wine glasses but they are a very similar shape to a teku in my opinion, and you can fit a 500ml bottle of beer in them. The only thing you don't get is the inverted shape at the top for the head retention.

The glass on the picture you are referring to is a belgian tripel glass.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/295953722

Last edited:
So I arrived back from holiday yesterday evening and this lovely citra / simcoe hazy pale beer from @dan125 was awaiting me. It’s been burning a hole in my fridge ever since!

First of all, the stunning yellow colour combined with the head made it look very inviting. I got a very full hoppy aroma and the carbonation did not disappoint.

I haven’t a lot of experience identifying hops, but on the taste, I thought the simcoe was the most prominent.

The overall flavour was smooth, balanced and carried on into the finish and beyond, along with a hint of bitterness (just how I like it). I was really sad when I got to the last mouthful!

This would honestly rival something you might get from Verdant for example. Very good quality and I am very impressed. Great job Dan 👏

8ABB34A6-BC65-4EF8-AD01-65D8A150D25C.png

Last edited:
First taste of this Simcoe and Cascade pale which I force carbed in a minikeg yesterday.
Basically a repeat of one of my earliest all grain attempts which was single hopped with Cascade
but I had some left over Simcoe and used that for bittering.
Never ceases to amaze me how such a simple process can produce something as delicious as this to drink :beer1:
IMG_2021-10-03-16-33-16-435.jpg

First tasting of the Czechish Pilsner? Hmmmm.....
Not enough of the Saaz, and too Maris Otter malty.
The changes that need making are in my comments, really.
Nothing actually wrong with it, just not what I hoped it would be.
Still a reasonable preprandial beer, mind you,
Cheers! 🍻
IMG_20211003_181256.jpg

Next brew in the morning.
Hence the Hopcat is out (with its Brew Monk jacket.
And it has a Angel Brew lid, as I dropped the original on a tiled floor - the tiles won. 😭

So I arrived back from holiday yesterday evening and this lovely citra / simcoe hazy pale beer from @dan125 was awaiting me. It’s been burning a hole in my fridge ever since!

First of all, the stunning yellow colour combined with the head made it look very inviting. I got a very full hoppy aroma and the carbonation did not disappoint.

I haven’t a lot of experience identifying hops, but on the taste, I thought the simcoe was the most prominent.

The overall flavour was smooth, balanced and carried on into the finish and beyond, along with a hint of bitterness (just how I like it). I was really sad when I got to the last mouthful!

This would honestly rival something you might get from Verdant for example. Very good quality and I am very impressed. Great job Dan 👏

View attachment 55164
Thanks Lisa, very kind :hat:
Funny enough I'm just doing a side by side with a can of Lightbulb, and mine has a better hop character if I do say so myself.... the can is 4 months old though 🤣
20211003_181618.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back