What are you drinking tonight 2021?

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

jjsh

Bog Dweller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Accidentally went down the pub this afternoon and drank four pints of Batemans XB. Came home and cooked Sunday lunch without burning the house down and wifey declared it delicious, so win win.

We have a chain of shops in Lincolnshire called Trotter's Traders which sell all sorts of tools, food, hardware, garden stuff, etc cheap and I popped in their earlier to get a hook for the youngests bedroom door. Picked up some crazy arsed beers that I shall be trying later.

DocAnna

Scottish Brewster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i shouldn’t since it’s a work night but having a second beer for the evening- ‘First World Problems’ which is a Belgian IPA ….. whatever that is meant to be. It has an oomph of bitterness and has that Belgian yeasty finish but the main event of body and taste is a bit lacking, being subsumed by the one dimensional bitterness. Oddly disappointing, it sounded such a good idea.
364B8761-92A9-4ED0-B1EC-8B457897E6F7.jpeg

Leon103

Landlord.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Not much selection in the hotel, settled for 4 pints of San Miguel and inwont complain as I wasn't buying.

m_kc

Reaction score
A Kölsch. The wrong time of year but I can only make these kind of things when it gets cold. Made with Halcyon malt and WY1007 (couple of ingredients I've never tried). I've never had a Kölsch but I think it fits the description. Very pleased! Had a bad summer brewing without temp control! Very drinkable.

Attachments

jjsh

Bog Dweller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another one of the random purchases from Trotter's Traders. Efes Draught. It's absolutely foul. So foul, the website won't let me upload a photo of it. :laugh8:

Latest posts