What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was fermentors soured I believe, that's the two methods he mentioned.
I couldn't remember the terminology.

As I understand it, when you fermenter sour, which is what Hazelwood and I did, the yeast produces lactic acid so there's no bacteria involved. Someone will probably tell me I'm wrong lol

I would like a bottle swap to try yours sounds like it may be more subtle, this was a homebrewed version at a beer club and everyone else was giving it rave reviews, the guy was a professional brewer previously and the guys present were mostly judges in beer comps, anything else I try would be a commercial version, but my face was screwed up in a sherbert sort of way. Nearly spat it out Lol
Apparently there are two ways of souring the beer and one leaves a live bacteria, I think that gave me a bad stomach for days after as well!
I’ll put you on the list. PM me your address.

I’ve spent the afternoon sweeping up two wheelie-bin loads of leaves so I think I deserve a beer after that. Summer Breeze. Happy Friday folks 🥳

View attachment 57894
I was too busy with my brew day to bother with leaves...I watched my mother in law sweep them up.

On of these next because I’m cooking dinner for teenagers - no time to go to the bar and pour a drink!

DC6AF347-0ED1-4C1B-8702-8AA49EE9B6EE.jpeg

Been tough day emotionally and feeling a bit wrung out to be honest - need a beer to cheer myself up (yes, I know that's not very healthy but it's true)

My experimental "Best-ish Bitter": almost-a-SMASH with MO, a bit of crystal, WGV and OYL-111 German Bock. Tastes good to me - might need to have another just to check though...

tempImage4ypfm6.jpg

BeerWorks Redneck Superior Double Indian Pale Ale @ 6.7% - it's a cracker!

Still a little young in the bottle, but it's delicious, the grapefruit seems most prominent at the moment, but lime, passion fruit and other tropical fruit (maybe pineapple? maybe mandarin? a hint of mango there in the background?) are all present and correct. It has a slight astringency and bitterness in the mouthfeel which I happen to like, I am putting this down to the high alcohol content. Other than that it is far too easy to drink - super!!!

IMG_3474.jpg

Last edited:
Those last two are the first that I have used my new kegerator for. Worth the money, a huge upgrade on PB's, although I will still use them for some brews. It is nice to be able to pour a beer at 'cellar temperature' I have mine set at 12c, which seems about right. I now brew to 21 litres, keg, and get about 3 500ml bottles, which also fit in the kegerator when carbed. It's seems to have taken my brewing to another level. Happy? bet I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back