What are you drinking tonight 2021?

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

foxy

Landlord.
Reaction score
What's the logic behind that. Interesting all the same
I asked him that, being German I thought I was going to be given an intricate reply. He said he didn't know! It was something he read, he said it enables anything in the beer to settle so I am now waiting to see if it works.

samale

Landlord.
Reaction score
I asked him that, being German I thought I was going to be given an intricate reply. He said he didn't know! It was something he read, he said it enables anything in the beer to settle so I am now waiting to see if it works.
Do you bottle all your beer.

foxy

Landlord.
Reaction score
Do you bottle all your beer.
Keg, cask and bottle. I have 7 entered into a comp so have bottled them, brown ale is one, I thought it was the yeast making the brown ale murky but have since made another beer using the same yeast as a starter and that is clear.

Pennine

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next up for me is @Pennine Belgian blonde. This is a new style for me. Never had or brewed one before.
Appearance: it pours a deep copper colour. Carbonation is medium with nice white soft head. Really good clarity as usual.
Aroma: sweet malt, very light spice. Everything well restraint compared to other Belgian styles I have tried.
Flavour: smooth with a lovely mouth feel, light spice. Everything well balanced. Some sweetness from the malt and a good firm level of bitterness.
Over all a very enjoyable beer. Thank you again for sending πŸ‘
View attachment 40660
It's probably a tad too sweet for style but I kind of liked it that way. I also was shooting for a much lighter abv but for some reason I got great efficiency that batch. Glad you enjoyed it and I am curious what you think of the other yeast.

TonyT

Reaction score
Mrs Jon did an online shop at Ocado the other week. Dropped a few in the basket when she wasn't looking 😁😁
A new one for me, bloody lovely
That is one of my favourite bottled beers, in the whole wide world, ever, since time began. I used to be able to get that in Tesco but it disappeared sometime ago.

samale

Landlord.
Reaction score
Mrs Jon did an online shop at Ocado the other week. Dropped a few in the basket when she wasn't looking 😁😁
A new one for me, bloody lovely
Can you get them in the supermarket