What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent enough hazy IPA
20211205_183339.jpg

Forget the Bee Gees and check out the Dee Gees instead. The D-G in question here is Dave Grohl. The Foo Fighters have released a cover album of the some of Gibb brothers best known hits. I'm not sure how big the overlap is with the two bands's fan base, but at least there's something them for that'll tick both boxes.

Did you see the foo's play to the Westboro Baptist Church, pure sh*thousery. He's a legend he is.

View attachment 58871

It’s that blended pale ale.
Somebody come up with a good name for it please.
Just to clarify it's 50:50
Hoppy Pale Ale of Kent (Challenger and Ernest hops from a local Kent farm)
With,
(Meh!) Pale Ale with (too few) Saaz.

I would call it, 'half a pale ham sandwich' but I'm daft 😂

Tried my Citra IPA definitely not to my taste but coming along nicely.
001.JPG 002.JPG

Next was a clone of Samuel Smiths 'India Ale', tried this last week and was thinking a bit to sweet, still not quite developed yet but the sweetness is going replaced by the hop character. I can taste the 500 gram of toasted malt in the recipe but starting to merge with the hops.

003.JPG 004.JPG

I’ve taken the English Pale off tap intending to put my latest bitter on in it’s place but I wanted to taste my latest incarnation of Summer Breeze first. As I poured a pint the air was filled with fruity aromas so it’s staying on tap just for the moment. The flavour is almost as good as the aroma although the beer isn’t fully conditioned yet. I’ll just have one or two before I put the bitter on ;)

99B3453E-DDCE-41D5-A4FF-19E83B59F6D7.jpeg

First sample of my Munich Dunkel. 10 days in the bottle and it's pretty clear already. Lots of rich, malty, breadcrust aromas with a hint of chocolate and nut. The flavour is pretty much the same with some roastiness on the back end.
PXL_20211206_164800844.jpg

I had to take a picture against the light because it's such a gorgeous shade of red.
PXL_20211206_164847803.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back