What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight's offering, a barrel aged imperial stout from Clan Brewing.
PXL_20211209_184424171.jpg

It's roasty stout meets sherry and raisin from the cask conditioning. Quite a burnt acrid finish, which is nice. A little bit thin for my liking though.

Day 9 of the beer 52 advent calendar (days 1-8 will have to wait to fri night )
Amundsen super Santa Choco shake stout. Nice coffee and chocolate aromas but a little fizzy for a stout and a bit too thin on the mouthfeel. No head after the first mouthful. Not the greatest offering I’ve ever had.
61E96F92-FB16-4FDE-91E5-88A7B8E8D01E.jpeg

Trying a proper pint of Irish Red for comparison purposes. I didn’t set out to brew a clone, and didn’t look at the Smithwicks recipe when I designed mine, but must do now. They are actually very similar. If I’d went with EKG as originally planned I reckon they’d be hard to tell apart.

34C386BC-5F9F-408C-BFB7-A2566AEA85A6.jpeg

A first for me. A white stout.
the ghost of Neapolitan white stout from suagatuck brewing. Tastes of chocolate vanilla and a hint of strawberry. Strange tipple this one. Nice but the jury is out. Why not just make a stout ? View attachment 59113

I had an alphabet white breakfast stout and it's the only thing I've ever had that I couldn't drink. Was foul lol. Haven't tried this one though.

I had an alphabet white breakfast stout and it's the only thing I've ever had that I couldn't drink. Was foul lol. Haven't tried this one though.
There is a slightly off putting taste to it that I can’t place. It looks like iron brew and neither tastes nor smells like a stout so not sure how exactly it is a white stout 🤷‍♂️ I will finish it though. Rude to pour it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back