What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is more like it, Beerhawk advent calendar day 12 - Rukkiväli from Põhjalla, lovely rich stout.
20211217_190215.jpg

Do you always go for low carbonation ?
😀😀😀
Bottles get carbonated,
Tonight's are all pressure - less polypin casks, like you would buy at a brewery, also known as bag-in-a-box.
I find them much quicker to be ready.
i.e. I don't have to wait for them to mature.
I haven't looked into kegging yet.
Hence no carbonation. 🍻👍

😀😀😀
Bottles get carbonated,
Tonight's are all pressure - less polypin casks, like you would buy at a brewery, also known as bag-in-a-box.
I find them much quicker to be ready.
i.e. I don't have to wait for them to mature.
I haven't looked into kegging yet.
Hence no carbonation. 🍻👍
Makes sense.
not many bars over here do cask beer and I’ve only had a few pints of cask beer in my 49.6 years and they were mainly in ‘ull where I have family. Probably because I have always had high carbed beers I found cask flat. 🤷‍♂️ I know that’s how it is but as my kids used to say “ me no like it”

Makes sense.
not many bars over here do cask beer and I’ve only had a few pints of cask beer in my 49.6 years and they were mainly in ‘ull where I have family. Probably because I have always had high carbed beers I found cask flat. 🤷‍♂️ I know that’s how it is but as my kids used to say “ me no like it”
It's a generation change thing.
I grew up as a student drinking hand-pulled pints of (original Devizes) Wadworth's 6X and George's (Courage Bristol).
The barmaids back then alternated which arm they pulled the pint with or they ended up lop-sided, if you know what I mean.
Anything slightly fizzy, except Worthington White Shield, was absolute rubbish.
That was the '70's, mind you.
It's hard to change old likes and habits
IMG_20211217_194737.jpg

Next up, a bubble-less Pale Ale blend.
Half and half CES P Ale. 🍻👍

Went for another pint of Belgian and decided to try a half of my “salty” ipa. The aroma from the keg dry hop of 50g vic secret it fantastic but there is still a slight taste I can’t put my finger on. It’s not offensive but it’s not amazing either. Another week might solve it 🤷‍♂️ As it’s gone from rotten to bareable
1C23148F-1DA9-4EDF-829D-1BD52183FA08.jpeg

Another one of my (almost) year old wines from January. This one is kiwi. 🥝 I remember the hardship this time last year, slaving away preparing 2kg of kiwis lol. 😬

This one has a bit of cork in it but it didn’t affect the flavour. Very nice and a little tart.

Today is the start of the Christmas hols for us, so happy hols to all!

158A8713-C6E9-43F2-884D-07A8390ED04D.jpeg

Another one of my (almost) year old wines from January. This one is kiwi. 🥝 I remember the hardship this time last year, slaving away preparing 2kg of kiwis lol. 😬

This one has a bit of cork in it but it didn’t affect the flavour. Very nice and a little tart.

Today is the start of the Christmas hols for us, so happy hols to all!

View attachment 59583
One for you one for him and a bottle for the daughter in law ?? We know you so well Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back