What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's been 5 years now, we have good banter i got it in the neck after the 9-0 jobby :laugh8: acheers.

I actually think it will be good if Ole continues at the wheel. The money they've spent, you or I could probably manage them to a top 4 slot. Pogba should be one of the week in week out best players in Europe and he doesn't even get in first 11 last night. No desire, bunch of mercenaries. Dont even know what happened to Alex's Sanchez

Last of the night. This beer looks better than it tastes
IMG_20210204_001659348.jpg

Learned a valuable lesson this morning. Don't underestimate the potency of my home brew. 1 500ml of Brazilian cerveza, two large glasses of red wine and I have a hangover this morning. Alarm went off at 0515hrs for work. Oh my head! 🙈

So to cheer myself up I am having @pilgrimhudd IPA. Don't have anymore info
Pours a light orange slightly hazy with low carbonation.
Aroma citrus, piney with something in behind that I can't really pick out.
Flavour matches the aroma, citrus & pine. This is different to what I would say is a normally IPA. It hasn't got a clean finish if that makes sense.
Overall a strange one for me
Thank you for sharing, can you share the recipe 👍
View attachment 40758

Hello, here's the recipe, yours looks hazier and somewhat darker than usual, perhaps the darkness is the picture? Doesn't look quite right....

4.3 kg pale
300g abbey
300g carapils

Mashed at 66c

25g magnum @60
20g cascade @ 10
20g simcoe @ 10
20g amarillo @5

Yeast t58

Beersmith says it'll be around 5 % and 60ibu.

Dry hopped with 30g simcoe, 15g amarillo,20g cascade and 50g centennial, to use up some oldish packets.

@matt76 felt it was grassy? I may be deluding myself but thought there was some spiciness from the yeast,either way, you are both right, theres something not quite right with it. Perhaps i simply dry hopped with too much.

Celebrating a fairly successful first attempt trying my new tapcooler bottle filler with a small Riwaka pale.

The filler defo seems like an improvement to the beergun - much quicker and easier to set up and clean down and doesn't p1ss beer everywhere while you're putting the caps on.
Not sure the purging is as good as the beergun as it seemed hard to get a good flow of co2 through the bottle - will be interesting to see how the bottle's hold up over time.

The Riwaka pale seems much improved now. Either the odd herbal character has faded or I've just got used to it.

acheers.

20210204_164403.jpg

20210204_164532.jpg

Celebrating a fairly successful first attempt trying my new tapcooler bottle filler with a small Riwaka pale.

The filler defo seems like an improvement to the beergun - much quicker and easier to set up and clean down and doesn't p1ss beer everywhere while you're putting the caps on.
Not sure the purging is as good as the beergun as it seemed hard to get a good flow of co2 through the bottle - will be interesting to see how the bottle's hold up over time.

The Riwaka pale seems much improved now. Either the odd herbal character has faded or I've just got used to it.

acheers.

View attachment 40806
View attachment 40807
I am going to chill some bottles tonight and try mine tomorrow

I am going to chill some bottles tonight and try mine tomorrow
Have a play with an empty bottle on the tap without actually filling. I couldn't get any gas through the PRV at all at first as stopper wasn't seated properly.

@dan125 6.2% West Coast IPA, aroma- wife has just burnt our brioche buns for our burgers so I ain't picking anything up as the kitchen just smells of burnt toast 🤣 1st mouthful is a big hit of resinous pine, after that notes of under ripened stone fruits and honeydew melon without the sweetness, not too thin and nicely carbed, this would be absolute smashing liquid on a hot summers day.... Great effort Dan, bit of sweetness wouldn't go a miss but a well balanced none the less 🍻 cheers
IMG_20210204_174722703.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back