What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@dan125 6.2% West Coast IPA, aroma- wife has just burnt our brioche buns for our burgers so I ain't picking anything up as the kitchen just smells of burnt toast 🤣 1st mouthful is a big hit of resinous pine, after that notes of under ripened stone fruits and honeydew melon without the sweetness, not too thin and nicely carbed, this would be absolute smashing liquid on a hot summers day.... Great effort Dan, bit of sweetness wouldn't go a miss but a well balanced none the less 🍻 cheers
View attachment 40810
Thanks Fuzzy.
I used a bigger than usual late boil addition to try to drive a big flavour which I think has worked quite well but I'm defo gonna go a bit maltier when I brew a very similar IPA the brew after next.
acheers.

Thanks Fuzzy.
I used a bigger than usual late boil addition to try to drive a big flavour which I think has worked quite well but I'm defo gonna go a bit maltier when I brew a very similar IPA the brew after next.
acheers.
You've deffo got big flavours in there mate, great work.... Sounds like your on to another winner there, hopefully have something to post out to you soon 🍻

Staying with the American Pale for the moment.

3A956F29-5A24-4808-8971-507D17A7F62F.jpeg

Hello, here's the recipe, yours looks hazier and somewhat darker than usual, perhaps the darkness is the picture? Doesn't look quite right....

4.3 kg pale
300g abbey
300g carapils

Mashed at 66c

25g magnum @60
20g cascade @ 10
20g simcoe @ 10
20g amarillo @5

Yeast t58

Beersmith says it'll be around 5 % and 60ibu.

Dry hopped with 30g simcoe, 15g amarillo,20g cascade and 50g centennial, to use up some oldish packets.

@matt76 felt it was grassy? I may be deluding myself but thought there was some spiciness from the yeast,either way, you are both right, theres something not quite right with it. Perhaps i simply dry hopped with too much.
I was thinking you used an odd ball yeast. It wasn't unpleasant in anyway, just a bit confusing. I have never used T58 with American hops before. Looking forward to the fig stout tomorrow night👍

vimto and fizzy water 😭

In agony with back muscle spasms - I thought an alien was going to burst out of my right kidney. On diazapan 5mg , tramadol 50mg, sodium diclofenac 75mg & co codamol 30/500mg

I normally post my beer strengths but just pills tonight. I'll have to console myself by looking at my cali-common fermenting :rolleyes:

Hello, here's the recipe, yours looks hazier and somewhat darker than usual, perhaps the darkness is the picture? Doesn't look quite right....

4.3 kg pale
300g abbey
300g carapils

Mashed at 66c

25g magnum @60
20g cascade @ 10
20g simcoe @ 10
20g amarillo @5

Yeast t58

Beersmith says it'll be around 5 % and 60ibu.

Dry hopped with 30g simcoe, 15g amarillo,20g cascade and 50g centennial, to use up some oldish packets.

@matt76 felt it was grassy? I may be deluding myself but thought there was some spiciness from the yeast,either way, you are both right, theres something not quite right with it. Perhaps i simply dry hopped with too much.
How did you find t-58, what temp did you brew at and what did you think it brought to the party?

vimto and fizzy water 😭

In agony with back muscle spasms - I thought an alien was going to burst out of my right kidney. On diazapan 5mg , tramadol 50mg, sodium diclofenac 75mg & co codamol 30/500mg

I normally post my beer strengths but just pills tonight. I'll have to console myself by looking at my cali-common fermenting :rolleyes:
Ah...I had many years with that "cocktail"...

Ouch doj, tramadol and diazepan, they are pretty serious pain killers there.Hope you are back on the beer soon.

same Clint, back problems as well.

How did you find t-58, what temp did you brew at and what did you think it brought to the party?

I quite like it, it was good in my Belgian Stout, the write up on it says that you get banana esters but I never have. I think I get spiciness more than banana or clove. Fermentation temp was 21c , perhaps if I raised the temp I would get more esters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back