What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite like it, it was good in my Belgian Stout, the write up on it says that you get banana esters but I never have. I think I get spiciness more than banana or clove. Fermentation temp was 21c , perhaps if I raised the temp I would get more esters.
That's interesting. I have just got a couple of packs as I wanted to try in a Belgian pale so I had something on hand if wet yeast wasn't available. Wanted a dry yeast that had a subtle fruity spiceness. I had heard that about the banana and clove so must be temp or pitch rate .

That's interesting. I have just got a couple of packs as I wanted to try in a Belgian pale so I had something on hand if wet yeast wasn't available. Wanted a dry yeast that had a subtle fruity spiceness. I had heard that about the banana and clove so must be temp or pitch rate .

Yeah I think it would be nice in a belgian pale, I would say it has more a peppery spiciness than fruit but as you say, would probably be influenced by temp and pitch rate. 👍

I used it in an imperial stout. Is was my attempt at brewing Pennine spring stout. Its hard getting the flavour right in a stout. I might push the temps up the next time

I’m having another Irish Stout (from a PB @labrewski ). Wife is having a Malibu and pineapple.

18235951-106C-441A-89CC-2FCC17209155.jpeg

Interesting one tonight. Found 8 bottles of a sour saison that should of all been sinked, due to being undrinkable.
Turns out a one fifth blended with my brown porter is pretty nice👌
PXL_20210204_221246518.jpg

In the most middle class of problems I was woken from my sofa slumber at 7am by the waitrose delivery van . Seems like a lifetime ago but, inspired by previous chat, I have just spotted these that in the hasty unloading have been left betwixt house and brewcave freezer which is currently too cold for storage as it is cold crashing a northern brown ale.

20210204_233806.jpg

In the most middle class of problems I was woken from my sofa slumber at 7am by the waitrose delivery van . Seems like a lifetime ago but, inspired by previous chat, I have just spotted these that in the hasty unloading have been left betwixt house and brewcave freezer which is currently too cold for storage as it is cold crashing a northern brown ale.

View attachment 40835

Best get them down your neck - love a Sea Fury.

Best get them down your neck - love a Sea Fury.

Im on it H - drinking it from a beaker with the residue of red wine from the half pint I poured out of one of those boxes which I had taken out to the shed just while "I tie up a few loose ends at work". Weather set fair tomorrow and was going to do a dry stout but having activated smack pack of Wyeast 1084 have failed to start my starter so brewday maybe pushed pack till Saturday.

Went to the Mcawber Tavern for lunch today, lunch was average but the beer on tap is Old Speckled Hen and Irish Red Ale. For my lunch went for the Salt and Pepper Squid, I suspect it was Skate with the flesh made to look like squid.
Needless to say the OSH was the driving force behind the choice of where we went. Got an excellent outside area by a creek but a storm was on its way so opted for indoors.
001.JPG

Salt and Pepper Squid/Skate.
003.JPG

Old Speckled Hen, just wish they wouldn't serve it so cold, takes 20 to 30 minutes to warm up, makes for a long lunch and still only managed 2 pints.
002.JPG

Went to the Mcawber Tavern for lunch today, lunch was average but the beer on tap is Old Speckled Hen and Irish Red Ale. For my lunch went for the Salt and Pepper Squid, I suspect it was Skate with the flesh made to look like squid.
Needless to say the OSH was the driving force behind the choice of where we went. Got an excellent outside area by a creek but a storm was on its way so opted for indoors.
View attachment 40837
View attachment 40838
Old Speckled Hen, just wish they wouldn't serve it so cold, takes 20 to 30 minutes to warm up, makes for a long lunch and still only managed 2 pints.
View attachment 40839

Pubs serving ales at 5C is one of my pet hates :mad:

my young's tweaked AIPA. nice head retention and not a bad drop.
Hi I’m curious about how to tweak the Youngs American ipa kit, I’m drinking mine at the moment, it’s been bottled for six weeks now and it’s really good so if you know how to improve it I’d really appreciate the info, I can’t get enough of it. Thanks

View attachment 40837
View attachment 40838
View attachment 40839
😕 Now I'm jealous..ale, tropical beer garden and warm air....😭

😕 Now I'm jealous..ale, tropical beer garden and warm air....😭
Ha, not tropical, tropical is where your in danger of coconuts bouncing off your scone. Only today my wife mentioned we should go for a holiday to Port Douglas. Coconut trees along the main street, and **** beer. Not my idea of a holiday, plus the addition of crocodiles, sharks, stingers and sand fly's

vimto and fizzy water 😭

In agony with back muscle spasms - I thought an alien was going to burst out of my right kidney. On diazapan 5mg , tramadol 50mg, sodium diclofenac 75mg & co codamol 30/500mg

I normally post my beer strengths but just pills tonight. I'll have to console myself by looking at my cali-common fermenting :rolleyes:
I had a back operation due too a bulging disc a couple of years ago, after a long time trying different meds, a friend of mine was on celocoxib 200mg (strong anti-inflammatory) and I tried these and they was like a miracle drug, I had no pain for 24hours, asked the doc for them and I still have to take them from time to time but they worked great for, no physical side effects and you can drink on them... Maybe worth a shot of your going back to docs anytime soon

View attachment 40837
View attachment 40838
View attachment 40839
Out of interest @foxy what was the ABV of the hen? They reduced the trength of the cask version over here as prior to Greene King buying it, it was served in a lot of country pubs and at north of 5%, 2 pints would put most people over the drink drive limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back