What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Northern monk have put out some quality offerings this year imo.

Fresh keg of talus ipa.
ti.JPG

Cheers thank you, do you think it would work with a Vienna malt.
Iv never made a Vienna lager so I couldnt really say. Its a nice light, sort of citrusy hop id say. Not strong in flavour. I would say it suits a really pale crisp lager which isbwhat I have albeit I think its a bit too high in abv..... Maybe @foxbat could offer further guidance.

Im not sure your European, darker malty lagers have much in the way of late hops do they?

I can confirm, Belgian beers definitely taste better when served in a chalice. First up, a bright little blonde. Clean bready malts, subtle yeast phenols and a dry finish. Trying hard not to chug it down, it’s a 7%er and I’ve got a couple of its bigger siblings lined up for later.
9F3D99E8-C0A5-4BB5-A8EE-C33FC2A5CD23.jpeg

Going down far too quick tonight but I am on my own as the rest of the house is sick or working. Hillstown brewery (get er brewed) spitting lama triple 7% last time I had this I wasn’t a fan. Someone bought me a mixed bag from Tesco and I feel I had a bad bottle before. This is very nice and the spicy nuts help. Lovely mouthfeel to it the aroma is bready larger like
3064B4ED-F9F0-4557-9A12-1FD254E0D033.jpeg

I can confirm, Belgian beers definitely taste better when served in a chalice. First up, a bright little blonde. Clean bready malts, subtle yeast phenols and a dry finish. Trying hard not to chug it down, it’s a 7%er and I’ve got a couple of its bigger siblings lined up for later.
View attachment 60467
I have one of those glasses and I agree. You have to be careful drinking it with such a wide top but it feels very “french lord”

I picked up a new pair of glasses today, anyone want to see a pic?
I truly thought you were talking about eyeglasses. I thought if they were cool, like Elton John's, then sure. Glad they were beer glasses. Very nice.
I've a lot of no-nick (?) 568ml (?) and tulips. That's it...except for my four sets of flight glasses.

I truly thought you were talking about eyeglasses. I thought if they were cool, like Elton John's, then sure. Glad they were beer glasses. Very nice.
I've a lot of no-nick (?) 568ml (?) and tulips. That's it...except for my four sets of flight glasses.
That was a little misdirection on my part, the Northern Irish sense of humour can be a bit peculiar.

Quad time. It’s phenomenal. The aroma is hot buttered sourdough toast. I’ve got every dark malt flavour all going on at the same time, dark caramel flavours predominate with dark chocolate notes standing out in the background. Full body, smooth almost creamy mouthfeel and a long finish with a residual sweetness that coats the tongue but isn’t cloying in any way. It’s just amazing.
E2E69153-237C-4DDB-A827-668828EA02A0.jpeg

Just finishing this tonight @Donegal john. I think I may of been to far gone the last night to fully appreciate the complex flavour of this beer. It has everything going on
View attachment 60481
I will be opening another one early tomorrow night to see as I was also 3 sheets to the wind on trying. But I remember it being a damm good beer. Very subtle whiskey flavour from memory.

Last edited:
Quad time. It’s phenomenal. The aroma is hot buttered sourdough toast. I’ve got every dark malt flavour all going on at the same time, dark caramel flavours predominate with dark chocolate notes standing out in the background. Full body, smooth almost creamy mouthfeel and a long finish with a residual sweetness that coats the tongue but isn’t cloying in any way. It’s just amazing.
View attachment 60479
Now I’ve finished it, I’d like to take back the dark choc comment. It had everything else but no roasted grain flavours. What a stunning beer to finish out the year with.

Now I’ve finished it, I’d like to take back the dark choc comment. It had everything else but no roasted grain flavours. What a stunning beer to finish out the year with.
Keep an eye out for this one for complex flavours. An amazing beer that blew my mind wide open to how different Belgian beers can be.

Attachments

• 12D13518-E54E-43A7-9D3F-808DA0A8A52E.png
    12D13518-E54E-43A7-9D3F-808DA0A8A52E.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 29
What's your perle pilsner recipe like, I have 100g of perle I don't know what to do with.
It's a fresh, crisp, minty, herbal hop that's very good for flavouring a lager. It's also meant to be good for bittering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back