What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A very well earned Hazelwood Brewery bitter...having spent the day giving my car a good clean...inside and out. Then decided while the jet washer was out I'd jet wash the drive...it was covered in moss..great big clumps of the stuff...I spent hours giving it "DEATH" .It's very nice now..

Another Pendles Witch. Interesting to see if these chilli plants survive the winter in the brew cave almost exclusively watered with stale beer left in the lines in between sessions.

20210203_193909.jpg

Time for @strange-steve Belgian tripel.
Pours a hazy golden colour, high carbonation with a nice white head.
Aroma: sweet malt, earthy and light spice.
Flavour: great mouth feel with a good level of bitterness. Slight sweetness followed by a nice spicy after taste.
Over all a really nice beer to drink, no harsh alcohol. Not sure of the abv but I could feel a nice heat on the face after it.
Thank you again, I might need to try brewing one myself😉

View attachment 40706
Thanks Sam, I appreciate the review thumb.

First beer tonight is @strange-steve German pilsner
Pours a golden straw with excellent clarity. Medium/high carbonation.
Aroma of typically pilsner malt with a light spice
Flavour is light crisp and very refreshing, nice level of bitterness. It has a slight sweetness which I like.
I am not a regular lager drinker. The biggest compliment I can pay this beer is that I would be happy to drink it all night. This would be perfect for a BBQ. I have a Czech pilsner fermenting, I would be happy if it comes close to this.
Well done 👍
IMG_20210203_200632523.jpg

Another German Pilsner. It’s starting to come into its own now at six weeks conditioned.

View attachment 40741

H

I'm assuming recipe can be found in your brewday thread? My lagers to date have been average but with 30L ashbeck littering up the place, planning one imminently. Couple of packs of Wyeast 34/70 in the fridge just need a basic reliable recipe and to go back to basics before weather starts getting warmer. 14C again today in SE London, NW Kent but due another cold snap next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back