What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a summer breeze first then on to this from beer52
IMG_20210218_223521404.jpg

What’s the penalty for trying to poison someone in a home-brew bottle swap @UKSkydiver had kindly offered a bottle swap, so I thought I better sample my Belgium Triple before agreeing its awful, it has a flavour somewhat reminiscent of nail varnish and I was slightly worried that I was going to throw up. I am really not sure what went wrong here, I will wait until tomorrow before attempting to throw this out as still slightly reeling.

So my apologies I am going to have to pull out of the bottle,swap,on the grounds that homicide I understand tends to be frowned upon.

Shame as it’s being a while since I have had a genuinely terrible batch , at least I tried it before sending it.

GH Weissbier

I just love this beer it is banana rich easy to drink and agter spending the night drinking IPA’s such a nice contrast.

Thought I would give this the benefit of the doubt as I haven’t been impressed with the past offerings , collaboration between walled city brewery and rough brothers wish I hadn’t bothered. Looks like pond water and tastes as bad. Never again lesson learned.

Attachments

• 1C7F0C9E-3F85-44F1-B77D-8655BD8F5E26.jpeg
    1C7F0C9E-3F85-44F1-B77D-8655BD8F5E26.jpeg
    27.7 KB · Views: 46
I’m starting with a guest ale tonight. This is a Saison! from @Clint , flavoured with Saaz. I love Saaz in a Pilsner so I’m quite looking forward to this.

Carbonation is good. A healthy blast of CO2 as I cracked the cap and you can see from the picture the bubbles rising in the glass. The colour is a beautiful gold with an amber tinge. Clarity is excellent, I can clearly see the image on the TV through the crystal clear beer. A thin white head stuck around.

The aroma is typically saison with peppery spice and light fruity notes, in this case a delicate zesty orange.

The flavour is again typically saison with a clean slightly herbal quality and just a passing hint of sweetness before a mild bitterness takes over. Mouthfeel is good with a soft fizzy sensation as you press the beer against the roof of your mouth - makes me smile.

There are no off flavours or astringency at all, just a really nice, clean, well-made saison. Great job Clint, nicely done:hat:

B42175B4-7271-4CEE-8E82-B88B2F07A4BB.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back