What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first attempt at a New England IPA 😍

It tastes as good as it looks, very very pleased with this effort

That looks really good, slightly jealous..
mine looked like that in the fermenter but then dropped clear and was more like just a pale ale... good beer but not what I was aiming for!

Currently having Lost Lager from the free giveaway

mine looked like that in the fermenter but then dropped clear and was more like just a pale ale... good beer but not what I was aiming for!

This might drop clear yet it’s very young, we shall see! 🍺

I had the same, brewed a “hazy” IPA that started hazy but within two-weeks had become the most clear beer I have ever brewed! For a while, people ribbed me by exclaiming their beer had “done a Hazelwood” 😂

I didn’t mind but won’t tell ‘em in future!😉

Last bottle of my Christmas Porter. Brewing another version next week. Reslly into sessionable darker beers at the moment.

Attachments

• IMG-20210219-WA0009.jpeg
    IMG-20210219-WA0009.jpeg
    9.9 KB · Views: 35
I had the same, brewed a “hazy” IPA that started hazy but within two-weeks had become the most clear beer I have ever brewed! For a while, people ribbed me by exclaiming their beer had “done a Hazelwood” 😂

I didn’t mind but won’t tell ‘em in future!😉

The stuff of legend!

I always go 3 weeks fermenting a lager. 2.5 weeks at 12c and then ramp it up to 18.5c
I did this with my first proper pilsner. However my next "lager" I intend to be a Vienna lager with Maris otter,Munich and Vienna but with MJ Cali yeast...
Oh...and a handful of choccy malt..BOOM!!

Last edited:
I’m collecting 500 ml bottles. When beer comes in them all the better. A Session IPA at the moment. Just had a couple of Weissbiers. Preferred them but I’ll drink anything in a 500ml bottle at the moment.

Attachments

• AC305145-EE5A-4D60-BFEE-F0C1A741C545.jpeg
    AC305145-EE5A-4D60-BFEE-F0C1A741C545.jpeg
    18.2 KB · Views: 44
I'm on this very fresh clone of Verdant's Even Sharks Need Water. I've never actually had the real thing though I've had several others from them and this is the only published recipe I know of from their head brewer. I'm pretty new to home brewing but I'm really happy with this, mouthfeel and colour are great. Feels like the 300g dry hop isn't quite coming through enough in the aroma, but still very nice and the taste is so good, I get a bit of grapefruit, pineapple, and orange juice almost. If anyone else has seen the recipe and thinking of brewing I'd say go for it! I did use my new fermzilla for oxygen free transfer which I think is essential, cheers!

Attachments

• 20210219_181024.jpg
    20210219_181024.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 43
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back