What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Up next Prophets of Doom!
IMG_20210220_124910.jpg

Delicious almost salted caramel maltiness, with a slight hoppy bite. I'll have to get more of these.

I he
View attachment 41786
not sure if i'll have one from beerwulf tonight - he was only 80 meters away........ and now....

View attachment 41787
He's 15 miles away 😭

I can see the funny side , damn strange route he's taking....
I hear they're only allowed to take left turns. It means they have to stop less, and in doing so they save time....

Anyway... Next up Go Big or Go West from Neon Raptor
IMG_20210220_141814.jpg

Nice and dank, some citrus and pine. My kind of beer.

Thought I would give this the benefit of the doubt as I haven’t been impressed with the past offerings , collaboration between walled city brewery and rough brothers wish I hadn’t bothered. Looks like pond water and tastes as bad. Never again lesson learned.
I tried this & thought it was grand. Clearly I don't know enough about Amber Ale :laugh8:
Can you recommend any good Ambers that are available locally? I need to investigate further.

20210220_190547.jpg

@matt76 dark czech lager, absolutely awful pic, sorry.

Aroma, malty perhaps some spicy hop.

Appearance, very dark, almost black, pretty clear, white head which lingers for perhaps half the glass.

Flavour, first impressions are really roasty. As you get used to that it becomes more complex maltiness. Perhaps a bit of coffee, but also a little bit of a burnt taste to it? Hops come through as it warms.

Medium bodied, sweet bit not cloying. Reading the bjcp guidelines perhaps over carbonated, but for me its perfect again.

For me it's a lovely beer, I'm not overly used to the style but it seems to match the bjcp guidelines. There is perhaps a burnt taste to it which I'm not overly keen on, dunno if you picked this up? I'm nit picking though, overall this is a lovely beer again and I'd demolish another like a shot.

Thanks for sharing!

Got a free Beer 52 just had to pay delivery, so having a Galway Bay Red Ale, it was gone pretty quick

Picked up lots of malt and hops earlier so this evening might become a brewday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back