What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting the night with No Frills Joe Dreamland session IPA
IMG_20210302_184800.jpg

On my Chinook Cascade user upper tonight. It's a bit odd, doesn't really know what it wants to be, but then again it is a user upper View attachment 42427
I have one in the keg as well and I’m not sure what to make of it either. It has taken weeks to loose the “odd” flavour I first thought was oxidation but now think it was the verdant yeast
Had a wee taste there and it’s better possibly even drinkable.

Thanks to @Alastair70 for my first beer swap of my time here. Helles is really nice pal. Clear as a bell too. Am I not correct in saying this is still pretty young? Did you fine it?

Anyway, in an attempt to give some meaningful tasting criticism I lined it up alongside a wee bit of my own Helles and my Czech Pilsner. I think they all sort of cancelled eachother out tbh 😂 Mayne need a spit bucket and rinse my mouth out between drinks. Yours is probably the best of the three though and I hope my own meets up with this after transfer and bottling. Now to burst your bubble ever so slightly..... Its not the fizziest, I know you knew that was coming, along with the 100 pound bill to resolve it 😂😂😂 as discussed. I will get my beergun rigged up and get one to you just as quickly as I can. Well done though. I might well be burgling your recipe!

Slainte Mhath

20210302_195645.jpg

Thanks to @Alastair70 for my first beer swap of my time here. Helles is really nice pal. Clear as a bell too. Am I not correct in saying this is still pretty young? Did you fine it?

Anyway, in an attempt to give some meaningful tasting criticism I lined it up alongside a wee bit of my own Helles and my Czech Pilsner. I think they all sort of cancelled eachother out tbh 😂 Mayne need a spit bucket and rinse my mouth out between drinks. Yours is probably the best of the three though and I hope my own meets up with this after transfer and bottling. Now to burst your bubble ever so slightly..... Its not the fizziest, I know you knew that was coming, along with the 100 pound bill to resolve it 😂😂😂 as discussed. I will get my beergun rigged up and get one to you just as quickly as I can. Well done though. I might well be burgling your recipe!

Slainte Mhath

View attachment 42440
Cheers @Brewnaldo, glad you enjoyed it :hat: Apologies for the lack of carbonation, it’s coming out around 3 vols of CO2 at this end and my shoddy transfer skills are entirely to blame. Looks like I’ll be adding a beer gun to the to buy list.
It was brewed late December and fined with gelatin. I wanted to get drinking it over the half term holiday and needed to trim a couple of weeks off the lagering process. Your welcome to try the recipe, its based largely on John Palmer How to Brew. Looking forward to trying your more traditional hop regimen ahead of a rebrew later this spring. I will be sticking with same water profile and grain bill, will go 30:30 on the step mash next time at the same temps. Hop choice will depend on what the Mrs thinks of Mittlefrau compared to the Mandarina/Saaz combo.

looks a lovely colour for bitter.

Around 18 EBC according to the grainfather app, so bottom end of the "style". I planned it as a best but I got a couple of points in the brew so its on the cusp of been an ESB at 5.1%, just on the wrong side of sessionable :laugh8:

Moving on to drop of Golden ale (grainfather brew #1) 4.4% abv and completely inoffensive due to having used S-04.. Protofloc in the boil and a 3 day cold crash with gelatine fining.

golden.jpg

Cheers @Brewnaldo, glad you enjoyed it :hat: Apologies for the lack of carbonation, it’s coming out around 3 vols of CO2 at this end and my shoddy transfer skills are entirely to blame. Looks like I’ll be adding a beer gun to the to buy list.
It was brewed late December and fined with gelatin. I wanted to get drinking it over the half term holiday and needed to trim a couple of weeks off the lagering process. Your welcome to try the recipe, its based largely on John Palmer How to Brew. Looking forward to trying your more traditional hop regimen ahead of a rebrew later this spring. I will be sticking with same water profile and grain bill, will go 30:30 on the step mash next time at the same temps. Hop choice will depend on what the Mrs thinks of Mittlefrau compared to the Mandarina/Saaz combo.
I will let you know as soon as I get it away to you. My own one alongside yours certainly had a rawness and a bit of yeast character which isnt too surprising considering it's still in the FV but a closed transfer and fining should hopefully help with that. I should have added although it was after I posted initially, once it started to warm up slightly there was a real nice and very distinct malt flavour coming through. That's as detailed as my own palate can go I'm afraid but I approved of it!

Quite excited actually to get a frame of reference from another home brewer. My beer has never been tried by someone who knows what they are talking about 😂

A bit strong perhaps as a starter but it needs drinking I’m afraid 😉 My Belgian Tripel. This one is 12 weeks conditioned and I’m almost at the end of the keg. I do have another keg ready to go on tap (4 weeks conditioned) and another batch in the fermenter needing to be kegged on Saturday. Got a rhythm going now, just need some friends 😢

5DAF9BC8-287E-444E-8D94-A30B5DA9C663.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back