What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
another of my barley wine which has only been in the keg for a week (think it's a week. time is elusive and/or confusive). i'm enjoying it very much.
there's one in a bottle for @Hazelwood Brewery which will be taking flight the next time i manage to the PO.
slightly regretting only doing a 12L batch. the next shall be beefier (after the upcoming stout. hands may cooperate tomorrow and i'll get it going).

another of my barley wine which has only been in the keg for a week (think it's a week. time is elusive and/or confusive). i'm enjoying it very much.
there's one in a bottle for @Hazelwood Brewery which will be taking flight the next time i manage to the PO.
slightly regretting only doing a 12L batch. the next shall be beefier (after the upcoming stout. hands may cooperate tomorrow and i'll get it going).

Looking forward to trying it 😋

Still going. Place your bets ladies and gentlemen, which will fail first, me or the Belgian...

BD32E7E5-E762-4586-9387-6166562E241F.jpeg

Today !
Started with a Westmalle tripel, missus bought me a few trapist beers for my birthday. Quite aniseed.
Moved onto my Pilsner, sweet and caramel.
Then a large tin of brewdog punk, tasty.
Next.....

4C2EBCEE-9F3D-43A6-A4C0-BE1480178C3F.jpeg

I tried @samale ’s Belgian Pale Ale last night.

Appearance- high carbonation, quite dark for the style (well, the Belgian pales I have tried), good clarity and poured with a lovely head

Aroma- Very ‘Belgian’ but also very delicate. I think there was a nice bready and caramel sort of malt aroma coming through more so than the spicy phenols from the yeast.

Flavour- delicate, balanced, dry (in a lovely refreshing way and perfect for the style) and again that complex malt on the nose coming through in the flavour- it has an English ale quality to it that you might find in a brown or mild. Just delicious!

Overall- This lasted all of five minutes! The flavour profile was intriguing and I’d love to see the recipe! Was there a lot of Munich malt in there of is the malty quality down to the yeast?

I wish I had another bottle... thanks for sending!

View attachment 42490

I tried @samale ’s Belgian Pale Ale last night.

Appearance- high carbonation, quite dark for the style (well, the Belgian pales I have tried), good clarity and poured with a lovely head

Aroma- Very ‘Belgian’ but also very delicate. I think there was a nice bready and caramel sort of malt aroma coming through more so than the spicy phenols from the yeast.

Flavour- delicate, balanced, dry (in a lovely refreshing way and perfect for the style) and again that complex malt on the nose coming through in the flavour- it has an English ale quality to it that you might find in a brown or mild. Just delicious!

Overall- This lasted all of five minutes! The flavour profile was intriguing and I’d love to see the recipe! Was there a lot of Munich malt in there of is the malty quality down to the yeast?

I wish I had another bottle... thanks for sending!
This was a recipe made up with what I had knocking about.
2.5kg pilsner
2 kg Vienna
250g biscuit
250g caramunich 2
300g sugar

Yeast will be WLP 530

I have 100g of saaz and 100g hallertau mittelfruh.

I really enjoyed that beer. I am planning another shortly. Unfortunately it's all gone 😔

I bought a hard seltzer for my good lady to try... much too sweet for me 😝 but she liked it.
20210303_175836.jpg

How'd that turn out. Are you getting any coconut of the sabro
Not really. Went about 4g per litre dry hop which is very light but didn't want it overpowering. It may come through with a but of conditioning. It's warming in the glass and there is now some hop flavour on the back of the tongue but not coconut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back