What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the last couple of bottles of this Youngs European Pils I made with MJ84 in November
IMG_2021-04-07-19-41-14-409.jpg

That one was only brewed on the 13/03 so not long bottled it’s already changed in the keg. I have another bottle here that I will keep for a few more weeks and throw it out to you to see how it mellows.
opening your black ipa now after finishing your Munich amber which was again very nice if I had bought it I would have been happy when it’s free it’s even better.
I just had a black IPA myself 👌

I love ipa’s and I love black beers now
@samale black ipa. The best of both worlds.
aroma is more simcoe than citra carbonation spot on again. slight bitterness but not out of balance for an ipa. Even though the carafa was steeped not mashed it still adds that choclate coffee taste to it but very subtle
I always thought black ipa’s were a bit of a novelty but can see what’s behind them now. you thought it wasn’t dark enough but I think it’s perfectly in keeping with the style. Another fine beer thank you for sharing.
brokenout the jumbo bag of rancheros for this one.

Attachments

• ADE22456-0BDB-49D5-B2A9-F0872F8D795A.jpeg
    ADE22456-0BDB-49D5-B2A9-F0872F8D795A.jpeg
    18.6 KB · Views: 56
  • C0446005-BB4E-48DC-9630-8B8B281C8A62.jpeg
    C0446005-BB4E-48DC-9630-8B8B281C8A62.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 48
That looks juicy mmmm
It ain't half bad, mate. Only ten days old so there is a hint of green but not enough to put me off drinking it. Nice bitterness as well. NEIPA's without bitterness might as well be just fruit juice, IMO.

I love ipa’s and I love black beers now
@samale black ipa. The best of both worlds.
aroma is more simcoe than citra carbonation spot on again. slight bitterness but not out of balance for an ipa. Even though the carafa was steeped not mashed it still adds that choclate coffee taste to it but very subtle
I always thought black ipa’s were a bit of a novelty but can see what’s behind them now. you thought it wasn’t dark enough but I think it’s perfectly in keeping with the style. Another fine beer thank you for sharing.
brokenout the jumbo bag of rancheros for this one.
IMG_20210409_231640754.jpg
Just poured another one 😃

Fuggle Duck bitter by @pilgrimhudd

20210409_205639.jpg

I'm struggling to say much about this - but no mistake, it's really nice.

Tiny bit of haze but a lovely deep amber colour. Nice lasting head with excellent lacing.

The malt, the hops, the bitterness, the subtle yeast-driven esters - it all comes together and kinda just flies stealthily under the radar, to the point where I've finished my pint before I realised it!

And if that's not what a good English bitter should do then I don't know what else to suggest 👍🍻

Fuggle Duck bitter by @pilgrimhudd

View attachment 44898

I'm struggling to say much about this - but no mistake, it's really nice.

Tiny bit of haze but a lovely deep amber colour. Nice lasting head with excellent lacing.

The malt, the hops, the bitterness, the subtle yeast-driven esters - it all comes together and kinda just flies stealthily under the radar, to the point where I've finished my pint before I realised it!

And if that's not what a good English bitter should do then I don't know what else to suggest 👍🍻

Yeah I think this is a lovely pint, can't take any credit, its @foxbat recipe with a little tweak to give it that extra .5% I wanted. Glad you liked it! IPA and Saison coming soon if they pass my taste test!

AG#69 "Podium" IPA

20210409_214129.jpg

Fifth time I've made what I consider my flagship beer, and I'm really pleased how it's turned out this time.

[Edit: I only bottled this 8 days ago but decided to chance my arm that it would be carbonated (it is, I just didn't use much priming sugar) and try it while the hops are as fresh as possible]

(It also underlines what a waste of time at least 2 of the previous 4 efforts were! Lessons learned, if it ain't broke don't fix it, and use a quality yeast!)

It's paler than it looks in the photo. It's hazy which isn't intentional - I might fine it next time but decided for now to stay as faithful as possible to the original incarnation.

Decent head and lacing, though carbonation is a wee bit low. I'm seeing a trend lately that the BRY-97 I used here wants a bit more priming sugar (whereas MJ M36, for example, seems to ferment more in the bottle so wants a bit less).

It's very light, super drinkable and refreshing. Bit of a cold at the moment so I'm not getting much aroma, but there are big orangey-grapefruitey flavours. It's bitter enough but not intensely so, a bit less than I was expecting. I wouldn't rush to increase it but it's a handy datum point for another IPA I have planned. Actually a touch more carbonation would probably change that perception a little bit anyway.

I don't think I'd change much: A touch more priming sugar if I use BRY-97 again; But next time I might try some different yeast strains, M36 & Lallemand Verdant IPA would be interesting; Some would argue, reasonably enough, it could use more in the malt department but then you're trading off body against light and refreshing.

But really happy with this and I don't see 20 bottles lasting too long! 😊👍🍻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back