What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad drop this
20210415_192523.jpg

Saison sounds nice..not used Aurora before.
Honestly I bought it because I liked the name then had to decide what to do with it I used it as both the buttering hop and as a late edition alongside the Saaz. I suspect the yeast is what gives it the majority of the flavour though.

@cushyno Auora was described as a ‘super styrian’ and it certainly worked well, as for Bramling Cross I did the GH Mild recipe which uses it and it came out very nicely, actually any of the GH recipes I have tried came out nicely so I would be tempted to try the Tin Miner recipe. I don’t have proper temperature control though so would probably wait until Autumn as planning to stick to Saison and other beers that work well when fermented at higher temperatures for the next few months. Am also tempted by your suggestion of combining with First Gold, but should probably go with EKG as I have some in the freezer.

Honestly I bought it because I liked the name then had to decide what to do with it I used it as both the buttering hop and as a late edition alongside the Saaz. I suspect the yeast is what gives it the majority of the flavour though.

@cushyno Auora was described as a ‘super styrian’ and it certainly worked well, as for Bramling Cross I did the GH Mild recipe which uses it and it came out very nicely, actually any of the GH recipes I have tried came out nicely so I would be tempted to try the Tin Miner recipe. I don’t have proper temperature control though so would probably wait until Autumn as planning to stick to Saison and other beers that work well when fermented at higher temperatures for the next few months. Am also tempted by your suggestion of combining with First Gold, but should probably go with EKG as I have some in the freezer.
Just had a little read about Aurora, sounds perfect for a Saison or Belgian Pale. It will be on my list to buy.

My beer52 arrived. A case for just the delivery cost 2.95.
This. A belguin pale. 6.8%.
Fab
Gutted that wasnt in mine! I get the dark and light beers box so they must have substituted it with a dark beer. Still, the stout which was from the same brewery, and the dubbel, were good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back