What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a BIPA from @samale . This is a tasty BIPA. Just the right level of carbonation and the head has stuck around for the whole pint. It had a nice piny hop aroma from the Simcoe. Really easy drinking, subtle roast character but really only slightly noticeable. I get the Simcoe but not the Citra as much, but it's a really balanced level of hoppiness. Smooth , no harshness and easy drinking beer at 6%. Really enjoyed it. Cheers mate🍺
View attachment 45394
Nice beer. I would up the citra the next time. I went 100g of each. So 150g of citra to 100g of Simcoe for the next try. I would also like it to be darker

Just had a BIPA from @samale . This is a tasty BIPA. Just the right level of carbonation and the head has stuck around for the whole pint. It had a nice piny hop aroma from the Simcoe. Really easy drinking, subtle roast character but really only slightly noticeable. I get the Simcoe but not the Citra as much, but it's a really balanced level of hoppiness. Smooth , no harshness and easy drinking beer at 6%. Really enjoyed it. Cheers mate🍺
View attachment 45394
@pilgrimhudd look at the head on that. You own me more points 😃😃😃

Reading back over the posts from the local fellas @Donegal john @samale @phildabout their love for Kinnegar I was lucky enough to pick up one of their new SAISON!!! Today after a bit of searching the Offies in town.
I've only had one Saison before so don't have much to compare it to. All I know is that it's lovely.

Attachments

• 20210417_224250.jpg
    20210417_224250.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 43
It's their Dry Hopped Saison. I picked up the last can in Gee's, they won't have more until Wednesday or Wednesday week.

It's their Dry Hopped Saison. I picked up the last can in Gee's, they won't have more until Wednesday or Wednesday week.
What hop did they use. That's one thing I don't like about them. They don't give much away. It's normally malt hops and yeast. Would be nice to give some details

What hop did they use. That's one thing I don't like about them. They don't give much away. It's normally malt hops and yeast. Would be nice to give some details
There are several recipes online for their beers. I have one for crossroads that uses simcoe and vic secret I think

Last edited:
Last of the night this is a sample from a local brewery kindly given to me by @Donegal john . All I know it's damson and aged in white wine barrels.
Light carbonation but a nice head which lasts. Colour is fantastic, looks almost like a pink Rosey wine.
Aroma is really fresh berry fruit some tartness
Flavour is really light. Big berry fruit with a slight acidic tartness.
As a one of beer this is brilliant.
IMG_20210418_002547856.jpg
This would do well as a wedding reception drink as you come through the door on a nice summer's day.

Last of the night this is a sample from a local brewery kindly given to me by @Donegal john . All I know it's damson and aged in white wine barrels.
Light carbonation but a nice head which lasts. Colour is fantastic, looks almost like a pink Rosey wine.
Aroma is really fresh berry fruit some tartness
Flavour is really light. Big berry fruit with a slight acidic tartness.
As a one of beer this is brilliant.
View attachment 45397
This would do well as a wedding reception drink as you come through the door on a nice summer's day.
image.jpg

Matching you with one and it’s as you describe lovely n

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back