What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sublime. I had a bit of a wobble after pouring when I noticed Tower Brewery may have done a similar thing that they do with their IPA ( ruin a perfectly good traditional style IPA with too many new world citrus hops) but the Chinook is well balanced by the malt, and this still has a nice Burton ale character. Very nice indeed.

See, I'm not a total old fart!

IMG_20210506_194043.jpg

Another Kreik to finish for tonight. This is the lowest cost of all I’ve tried and it tells I’m afraid. I know you don’t always get what you pay for but I think with Kreik you do. If you want a Kreik I would say pick Lindemans.

901B25AF-B793-4E4A-B316-68EEECBB0629.jpeg

This is sublime. I had a bit of a wobble after pouring when I noticed Tower Brewery may have done a similar thing that they do with their IPA ( ruin a perfectly good traditional style IPA with too many new world citrus hops) but the Chinook is well balanced by the malt, and this still has a nice Burton ale character. Very nice indeed.

See, I'm not a total old fart!

View attachment 46625
I had one of these a few weeks back. Fantastic stuff, and in the 4 for £6 offer so it's a double win.

What do you get from the first gold? I have a tonne of the stuff that cml gave me.
First gold always gives an orange marmalade presence. Usually fairly strong presence in the first few weeks after packaging though it later mellows and combines well. I've used it with challenger a couple of times and that combo really does age well.

I might try it with spicy Saaz sometime.

Another Kreik to finish for tonight. This is the lowest cost of all I’ve tried and it tells I’m afraid. I know you don’t always get what you pay for but I think with Kreik you do. If you want a Kreik I would say pick Lindemans.

View attachment 46627
I know what you mean. My OH loves that stuff, I can drink it but, i’ve had better.

First gold always gives an orange marmalade presence. Usually fairly strong presence in the first few weeks after packaging though it later mellows and combines well. I've used it with challenger a couple of times and that combo really does age well.

I might try it with spicy Saaz sometime.
Thanks. Need to work out how I will use it or give it away.

Having this Daybreak Coffee Porter whilst I wait for my brother to arrive. It's quite good, a lot like a Guinness West Indies Porter, but a bit too bitter and way over carbed.
PXL_20210507_152615576.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back