What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bottle of Flensburger Gold I need to drink six more of these to have enough 330ml swing tops for the batch I plan to bottle next week. It’s actually surprisingly good as these things go a slight honey like taste to it. And more importantly is a good source of swing top bottles.

Limeburner is my least favourite of their beers but everyone else loves it. I find it very like a hoppy pilsner.
my favourites from their core range are in order
Crossroads
Rustbucket
Scraggy bay
Devils backbone
but then I love them all

has anyone had the devils backbone ? Huge malt forward beer unlike any of their others
I would agree limeburner is well down the list. I haven't had devils backbone in a while

First of the night. I have no light and hoppy home brew in stuck. I need to get that sorted.
IMG_20210508_192921933.jpg

Thank you to @LisaMC for this rather wonderful glass of strawberry wine. Rose amber in the glass, heady rich strawberry aroma with no hint of sulphites.
Sweet up front with that decadent strawberry taste that reminds me of the juice left in the bowl from fresh summer strawberries with sugar. There’s a smoothness that maybe the sweetness but it makes this taste like strawberries and cream in a glass.😍.
9B2E2899-36AE-4A89-AA00-0CC8F77BCB37.jpeg
A2167DBA-60A0-4D07-A1AD-7670A93ECD07.jpeg

This is rich and heady, I’ve added a vacuum cork and will save the rest for tomorrow. My eldest daughter thought it was delicious and the OH really liked it too. This is considerable better than the Cairn O’Mohr strawberry wine. Drinking this I realise I need to seriously step up my winemaking game, it is genuinely exceptional. I’d have paid rather a lot for this as a desert wine, I really appreciate it❤.

Anna

Thank you to @LisaMC for this rather wonderful glass of strawberry wine. Rose amber in the glass, heady rich strawberry aroma with no hint of sulphites.
Sweet up front with that decadent strawberry taste that reminds me of the juice left in the bowl from fresh summer strawberries with sugar. There’s a smoothness that maybe the sweetness but it makes this taste like strawberries and cream in a glass.😍.
View attachment 46765View attachment 46766
This is rich and heady, I’ve added a vacuum cork and will save the rest for tomorrow. My eldest daughter thought it was delicious and the OH really liked it too. This is considerable better than the Cairn O’Mohr strawberry wine. Drinking this I realise I need to seriously step up my winemaking game, it is genuinely exceptional. I’d have paid rather a lot for this as a desert wine, I really appreciate it❤.

Anna

OMG thank you Anna for that wonderful review! So glad you're enjoying it!

Not had a guiness for along time.

View attachment 46767

How do you rate it?

Guinness seems to get a proper slating these days most say its not a patch on what it used to be.

I have a bottle of their west indies porter for later (along with a couple of others) it is one of my go to beers if you like this style give it a try.

1620501587152.png

Honey ale which I'm desperately hoping will improve, I brewed it ages ago so think I will have to live with its mediocrity. It's a shame, I used lovely honey but I think it was too dainty to give this the taste it deserves. Drinkable but a but meh still.

20210508_202938.jpg

How do you rate it?

Guinness seems to get a proper slating these days most say its not a patch on what it used to be.

I have a bottle of their west indies porter for later (along with a couple of others) it is one of my go to beers if you like this style give it a try.

View attachment 46769
Can see why, it's a very smooth drink with only slight roast character and a little chocolate note and quite thin, but its any easy drinker. Never really drank it in the early days, only when it was the last resort in the pub.

Can see why, it's a very smooth drink with only slight roast character and a little chocolate note and quite thin, but its any easy drinker. Never really drank it in the early days, only when it was the last resort in the pub.
I find the biggest problem with Guinness in pubs is it’s served far too cold for my liking let it warm up a bit and it becomes a not too bad Stout, and while it might not be my first choice if I’m in the mood for stout I will happily order it in a pub.

Can see why,

I have never had a pint so cannot comment i did try it years ago and didn't like it but my tastes have changed (a lot) so i might give it a go, SWMBO got me a bottle of their West Indies Porter a while ago as i like Old Peculier and it soon became a favourite, i will get her to get me a Guinness and see just how far my tastes have changed.

I find the biggest problem with Guinness in pubs is it’s served far too cold for my liking let it warm up a bit and it becomes a not too bad Stout, and while it might not be my first choice if I’m in the mood for stout I will happily order it in a pub.
Yes I remember when the pubs started selling guiness cold or was it extra cold. it would take 30 mins to be what I call the right temp, its an ok stout. Nowt wrong with it for what it is.

I have never had a pint so cannot comment i did try it years ago and didn't like it but my tastes have changed (a lot) so i might give it a go, SWMBO got me a bottle of their West Indies Porter a while ago as i like Old Peculier and it soon became a favourite, i will get her to get me a Guinness and see just how far my tastes have changed.
The nigerian guiness and west indies versions are better, if I find myself in the tesco beer isle I always pick Mcewans champions or broadside both better beers than any guiness for my money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back