What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guinness is the only stout you can get on draft. I think you can get Murphy's down south. What is the alternative stout across the water

Chinook American pale ale, second taste at 3 weeks.
Glad this was a slightly bigger batch as very drinkable despite being my beefiest attempt yet at 7%
- might send one of for the May competition.
IMG_2021-05-08-20-52-17-776.jpg

I wonder what hops they use. I was thinking Chinook and maybe centennial
I think their main hop is Yakima chief from digging around. I have a clone for crossroads but not sure how accurate it is as I haven’t brewed it yet. I would imagine the 3 c’s feature heavily though.
very tight lipped about their recipies I suppose for good reason

Guinness is the only stout you can get on draft. I think you can get Murphy's down south. What is the alternative stout across the water

Beamish! I used to love it, prefer it to Guinness. Used to be plenty about, in England and Ireland, I think it's quite rare now.

I am drinking Badgers Golden Champion.

Mostly because it comes in 'deep-collar' clear bottles! :laugh8:

I don't think I've drunk this before, although I often drink the Hobgoblin Gold and the Lidl one, whatever that's called.

But this is nothing like them! It has a very unexpected and strong hoppy taste. I don't know what hops they use, but they have really bunged some in there. And I don't mean that light, floral, hoppy taste. I mean that 'wipe that smile off your face' hoppy taste!

I am drinking Badgers Golden Champion.

Mostly because it comes in 'deep-collar' clear bottles! :laugh8:

I don't think I've drunk this before, although I often drink the Hobgoblin Gold and the Lidl one, whatever that's called.

But this is nothing like them! It has a very unexpected and strong hoppy taste. I don't know what hops they use, but they have really bunged some in there. And I don't mean that light, floral, hoppy taste. I mean that 'wipe that smile off your face' hoppy taste!
Plus they put elderflowers in the brew as well , I love this stuff myself 👍🍻

The nigerian guiness and west indies versions are better, if I find myself in the tesco beer isle I always pick Mcewans champions or broadside both better beers than any guiness for my money.
"If I find myself..."
This happens to me! I go in for fruit,veg and bog rolls and end up stalking beer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back